detection of a source of heat

rodriguez

Hello,

I am looking for a sensor that can indicate me if there is a source of heat nearby.

Let's say the temperature of the heat is 65°C (in the air), I am looking for a device responsive enough to give me the information in less than one second.

I was thinking about an IR-light to Voltage converter, but it doesn't do what i want.

I'm hearing any ideas.

Rodriguez

If you are trying to quickly find a source that is at a different temperature than ambient, thermal imaging will do it. But it's not a cheap solution. High-speed pyrometers are also a possibility.

BTW, "temperature of the heat" is a very awkward way of stating the problem. Things have a temperature. Heat does not.

Try looking for a PIR sensor. They are not too expensive. Most are designed for detecting intruders so can differentiate between 37Deg and ambient. I'm guessing if you dismantle it you can calibrate it to 65Deg and get it to give you a reasonable indication of the whereabouts of a hot object.

• 4 weeks later...