The Looming Question.....War? Yes or No!

Rossonero

Sayonara³ is an anrgy man. He's mad at the world.

To Sayonara: Please, don't kill yourself.

Plus, you seem to put words in my mouth (along with others). I understand your agruments, but I can't take them seriously when you switch the words up. Plus, I am writing about things that can be done. All you do it critisis and your opinion of who is bad or what should be done about Suddam, is lost in your ranting. Or never stated.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by PogoC7

Plus, you seem to put words in my mouth (along with others). I understand your agruments, but I can't take them seriously when you switch the words up. Plus, I am writing about things that can be done. All you do it critisis and your opinion of who is bad or what should be done about terrorism, is lost in your ranting.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but after reading this I just had to comment.

Personally, I find Sayonara³'s comments well thought out and reasoned, backed up with appropriate references. You sir, however, are clearly an idiot.

The U.N. is controled by power countires. These are (not exact) China, Russia, England, Germany, France, and the U.S. Also, these countires have veto power, but would never dare veto something propossed by the U.S.

Saying Germany is a permanant member of the UN security council with veto power just shows how ignorant you trully are. Do you have any idea when and why the council was formed?

Eventually, the Koreas will unify.

Most unlikely. If you knew just a little about the situation in North Korea, you'd know unification is the last thing "The Great Leader" wants. The inevitable influx of information from the real world would most likely topple his regime.

Oh, and in case you missed it the first time around - Iraq does not have nuclear weapons.

hahaha, no. Your an Idiot.

Oh, and in case you missed it the first time around - Iraq does not have nuclear weapons.

Never said they did. Please, go crawl back into your hole (mom's crack).

I see Sayonara³ and you have a "personal" relationship.

First post and you already call someone an Idiot. You must have many friends.

Your an Idiot.

That is "you're". As in "you are".

Oh, and in case you missed it the first time around - Iraq does not have nuclear weapons. Never said they did.

No, you implied it. See your (as in "your") previous post on the subject: -

Anyone who is dumb enough to fire Nuclear weapons deserves to die. This is why Iraq and the U.S. are going at it.

I notice you made no attempt at all to rebuff my comments on North Korea.

To quote Troy McClure:

"You got all that from one bag of oranges?" <slap>

Plus, you seem to put words in my mouth (along with others). I understand your agruments, but I can't take them seriously when you switch the words up. Plus, I am writing about things that can be done. All you do it critisis and your opinion of who is bad or what should be done about Suddam, is lost in your ranting. Or never stated.

I stated right at the start of that post that it was going to be an objective review. If you feel that you were needlessly trampled over it's probably because you posted the most stupid things, not because I don't like you or have deep personal issues as you seem to be suggesting.

hahaha, no. Your an Idiot.

Never said they did. Please, go crawl back into your hole (mom's crack).

I see Sayonara³ and you have a "personal" relationship.

First post and you already call someone an Idiot. You must have many friends.

Firstly, a caution. If you post offensive derogatory remarks like that again I will delete the post without any warning.

LuTze has reported your post but since I do in fact know him in RL I am forwarding the complaint to fafalone to preclude the possibility of bias.

It's ironic that you should fall back on mud-flinging and personal attacks immediately after LutZe posted, because the presence of morons like you here is - I believe - one of the reasons he didn't want to join. I understand you incensed him enough to take action. He said something about "A 20 year old who can't spell shouldn't be allowed opinions on important issues."

You two must be B/Fs, cause as I remember. I was called an Idiot by both of you before I said anything . But hey, I just state my opinions about the war. You two can critisis all day about the issues with no real stance. I still have yet to read what you (Sy3) think the U.S. (or sister Britian) should do about the "looming war".

P.S. You think I would put my real age on my Bio. I am actually 98 years old (very active; school, working out, ...) and fought in WW2. My 12 year old grandson helps me on these posts. He also gets a good laugh at your daily comments.

I don't know Sayonara³, and have no vested interest, but I too would say that his rebuttal of some of the wilder conjecture was reasoned and well thought out.

Thanks Sayonara for your synopsis and sorry to see that nasty response. I just wanted to make a couple comments.

I would hope we don't actually have to go to war but the threat of war is the only reason all this progress that everybody is says is happening is being made. Iraq lost the war and the terms of its cease fire was to get rid of WMD. In 1991 we stopped destroying his red guard because it was the humanitarian thing to do and let two battalions escape to Basra. They later murdered thousands of men, women and children.

Not one peace demonstrator held a sign saying "Saddam disarm and obey the UN." They say we should take the pressure off.

When Reagan stood up to the Soviet Union there were 500,000 peace protestors in Italy telling him to back down. He said "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall." I'm glad he didn't listen to the protestors. Sometimes we have to stand firm.

Just aman

Originally posted by Sayonara³

[...]He has no nukes.

That was meant to be irony...

But regarding your summary: Well done (this time: no irony)

Originally posted by aman When Reagan stood up to the Soviet Union there were 500,000 peace protestors in Italy telling him to back down. He said "Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall." I'm glad he didn't listen to the protestors. Sometimes we have to stand firm

Especially Germany is thankful...

The U.N. is controled by power countires. These are (not exact) China, Russia, England, Germany, France, and the U.S.

Also, these countires have veto power, but would never dare veto something propossed by the U.S.

Even though the U.N. is the cooperation of all world countries, it's still a power (food) chain. The U.S. has as much power in the U.N. as it has anywhere else.

Excellent point. The States go around doing whatever they like and noone does anything about it.

Who else is going to recognize the atrocities and who else has the power to address them?

Remember that Syria and Libya were elected, by a landslide, by the UN to chair the Human Rights Commission over objections by a few sane countries including the US. No help from the UN then.

I don't like it but we are stuck with the job. We kept the USSR in check. We kept China contained. We left Viet Nam and saw the South Vietnamese killed, imprisoned, and used as slave labor and then a couple years later millions were dead in Cambodia. I'm not saying we should have been there, I'm just saying look what happened when we weren't.

Look at the difference between South Korea where we are and North Korea where we aren't.

We were in France and we left. We were in Italy and we left.

We have bases for NATO and SEATO but we do not interfere militarily with the Govt's.

Remember that Jimmy Carter let the hostages rot in Iran for almost 200 days and Reagans first day in office he told Iran we were going to use force to get them. They were released that week.

I just pray the threat is enough.

Just aman

Isn't the question 'should we go to War with Iraq', not 'should America go to war with Iraq'? The war should, and probably will, be spearheaded by the UN . It is an international effort and not the effort of a single man (Bush jnr). A discussion about the merits of America re-establishing itself as the worlds policeman is another discussion entirely.

So the points should be arranged around what is hoped to be achieved by a war in Iraq, what is feasible and what is acceptable to be risked. It is also not a discussion about terrorism, as Iraq has not been directly involved in terrorist activities so far as we are currently aware.

I personally feel this is a balance of human life and the morals behind the proposed war, has the situation reached a point of no return where an armed solution is the only solution?

The reactions I expected from haters.

No counterpoint.

A real picture. Would not waste the time to photoshopping that.

Look at all that space and those BIG cars too. No minis here.

Link removed

no offense or n e thing but u really are a loser, sorry to sayonara .

The minute I left the US anytime in the past my first responsibility was to be a good representative of my country. Second was to learn the different cultures as an eager student. Nicaragua and El Salvador of the 70's taught me personnaly what is worth fighting and dieing for. The threat of force is necessary sometimes and I hope that is all that is required. Maybe some general will shoot Saddam and be a Hero.

Just aman

Originally posted by Rossonero

no offense or n e thing but u really are a loser, sorry to sayonara .

No problem.

I wish he'd try coming up with a decent argument instead of just being offensive, I mean it is kind of the point of having a discussion forum :rolleyes:

Will remind faf about permissions in this forum incely...