Memory function on TI-83

dstebbins

A few years ago, I had a math class, which I needed a TI-83 calculator, for. I don't have the class, anymore, but I bought the calculator, myself, so I still have it.

However, of all the nifty features that the TI-83 has over traditional "pocket" calculators, it seems to lack a memory function!

Pocket calculators allowed you to save a number to memory. You could also add and subtract from that memory. If you wanted to multiply the memory by something, there was a way to do that. This allowed you to use a commonly-recurring, but large number, without having to tediously punch in that same number over and over again.

How do I do that, on a TI-83?

Edited by dstebbins

you have much much more memory available with the TI-83. instead of just one memory location you have lots.

you have to store the number in a variable. the store function is the on that looks like a right pointing arrow.

you can then use the variable in any equation you enter into the calculator.

ie. A=3.14159

B=2

C=2*A*B^2

then by calling C you could see the answer. although you could choose to display directly to the screen by not storing the result in variable C