Autorendering

I've noticed that a c in parentheses is automatically turned into a copyright symbol ©, even with the noparse command. Any way to customize this, or turn it off? Punctuation near parentheses is turned into smilies :) but that can be defeated with noparse :)

The registered symbol is a problem, too ®

"c" 'c'

This didn't happen to me in preview mode. Let's see what happens when I post.

Edit:

That also worked. So either you are talking about what happens in word (?), or you and I have different setting somewhere, or I don't understand what you mean. :)

Edited by Ophiolite

I should learn not to post when I am tired. You distinctly and clearly said parentheses. I distinctly and clearly read quotation marks

Edit:

As a short term work around you could place spaces between the brackets, thus - ( C )

Edited by Ophiolite

I will see what I can do. I don't see many occasions when we actually want the copyright symbol, anyway.

I just happened to notice it twice recently, in citing something from the US code (subpart c) and in a relativity thread and was a tad annoyed I couldn.t make it go away. I can do copyright using "option g" on my mac ©. I imagine there's a similar option in other OSs