about iphoto ?

I was wondering, if you were to transfer photos from your iphoto onto a HD and then transfer them to another iphoto on another computer. Will the photos, if simply dragged onto or copied onto the HD, automatically reassemble themselves back into the events...

cap'n refsmmat, i followed the process that your link provided and ended up with, after holding down the option button and opening iphoto, thereby selecting the 'iphoto library file' which i had dragged onto my HD, iphoto opened but creating 'thumbnail caches' i think it was. Is that right/normal (for what should or needs to happen) ?

note also that when i looked at the file which i had dragged onto my HD, it was flickering and going weird, but then just went back too normal..

A 0.01 difference doesn't seem important. Could be anything; I don't know what iPhoto stores in the library besides the photos.

The thumbnail cache is a way for iPhoto to store the scaled-down version of each image so when you browse through events it doesn't have to scale down each gigantic image on the fly. Makes iPhoto seem faster.