i recent idea occurred to me that chocolate chip cookies are good for you

the chocolate can be good for you

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7339594/

and what do you drink with cookies?

what do most Americans need more of?

milk!

more cookies=more dairy

cookies are for you!

Happened to run by your post today. Can you imagine two of my granddaughters bringing me a "Pumpkin Roll", big as a loaf of bread last night??? Yes, I had to try it out. No milk, so I had to make do with some coffee. Doesn't work any better than when chocolate chip cookies are at risk. Coffee, it can work. But milk "Yea, that's it" Edited by swansont
fix quote tag

you need to have 3 servings of dairy a day
When you say "need", what exactly do you mean? I might have had maybe one thing with cheese in it in the past week, and apart from that no dairy that I can think of (edit: no, I had a coffee with milk in a few days ago, make that two servings in a week or so). I seem not to be dying. Even for someone that consumes dairy on a regular basis, three servings a day seems excessive. Edited by the tree

When you say "need", what exactly do you mean? I might have had maybe one thing with cheese in it in the past week, and apart from that no dairy that I can think of (edit: no, I had a coffee with milk in a few days ago, make that two servings in a week or so). I seem not to be dying. Even for someone that consumes dairy on a regular basis, three servings a day seems excessive.

so is 12 servings of vegetables but thats the suggested daily serving

you need to have 3 servings of dairy a day
Even for someone that consumes dairy on a regular basis, three servings a day seems excessive.
so is 12 servings of vegetables but thats the suggested daily serving

I don't really see how you've managed to go around your local grocers without noticing the 5 A Day posters all over the place, but it's definitely 5 A Day for fruit and vegetables. Whereas considering that most of the world are lactose intolerant, it sounds unlikely that a single serving of dairy would be "recommended".

Dairy products aren't the best thing in the world for you. Water, fat and lactose - it's amazing how many people buy the idea of milk being so wonderful.

Depends on the context. In today's fast-food society, where fat and calories are in abundance, it's not good. But dial up the wayback machine and look at a society that is undernourished, a machine that can turn indigestible grasses into calories starts looking pretty good.

Depends on the context. In today's fast-food society, where fat and calories are in abundance, it's not good
Yeah, even in developed countries people suffering with malnutrition from eating disorders are given full fat milk because it's a good way to take in a lot of calories very quickly and safely.

I still don't think that milk and cookies are a good addition to a reasonably healthy person's diet. Take a look at WolframAlpha's analysis.

Dairy products aren't the best thing in the world for you. Water, fat and lactose - it's amazing how many people buy the idea of milk being so wonderful.

I guess the reason I buy into it is because:

One glass of milk provides the following % of an adult daily recommended value:

Calcium=30%, Calcium is required to build and maintain bone mass.

The whole full cream milk contains 4% fat.

Vitamin D=25%, necessary to promote absortion of calcium and other minerals.

Riboflavin=24%, It helps to convert food into energy.

Phosphorous=20%, helps to generate energy in body cells, strengthen bones.

Protein=16%, needed to build and repair body muscles.

The milk contains about 80 percent whey and 20 percent casein, the two high quality proteins. Whey is a fast protein which is quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream. Therefore it is very good to consume after a workout. Casein provides to the body a slow supply of protein for a longer period of time, as it is digested more slowly.

Vitamin B-12=13%, needed to build red blood cells that carry oxygen.

Potassium=11%, for maintaining normal blood pressure.

Niacin=10%, needed for normal functioning of enzymes and metabolism of fatty acids and sugars.

Vitamin A=10%, needed for normal vision and skin.

Water = 97%

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/milk.html

And skim milk removes most of the fat calories, so you get all of the above for about 87 calories.

I guess the reason I buy into it is because:

One glass of milk provides the following % of an adult daily recommended value:

Calcium=30%, Calcium is required to build and maintain bone mass.

The whole full cream milk contains 4% fat.

Vitamin D=25%, necessary to promote absortion of calcium and other minerals.

Riboflavin=24%, It helps to convert food into energy.

Phosphorous=20%, helps to generate energy in body cells, strengthen bones.

Protein=16%, needed to build and repair body muscles.

The milk contains about 80 percent whey and 20 percent casein, the two high quality proteins. Whey is a fast protein which is quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream. Therefore it is very good to consume after a workout. Casein provides to the body a slow supply of protein for a longer period of time, as it is digested more slowly.

Vitamin B-12=13%, needed to build red blood cells that carry oxygen.

Potassium=11%, for maintaining normal blood pressure.

Niacin=10%, needed for normal functioning of enzymes and metabolism of fatty acids and sugars.

Vitamin A=10%, needed for normal vision and skin.

Water = 97%

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrition/milk.html

And skim milk removes most of the fat calories, so you get all of the above for about 87 calories.

and thats why cookies are good for you you eat cookies and drink milk and get vitamins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...