Note to Users: Double-clicking When Posting Replies

If you have the last reply in a thread, and you post again, the system merges your new post to the previous one. Unfortunately any delay in the system during that time can cause the user to wonder if the system has recognized their input, and during this time they may click on the Post button again. An example of this may be seen in the 3rd and 4th quote-and-reply sections of this post.

I've played around with this a bit and found that it's very easy to reproduce the behavior. It's perfectly understandable because the system doesn't give you a lot of feedback that it's processing your request, and we're a pretty board so it does fall behind from time to time. Best advice we can offer is to be patient, and when you've posted go back and check to make sure you posted what you think you posted. :)

• 2 months later...

If you have the last reply in a thread, and you post again, the system merges your new post to the previous one. Unfortunately any delay in the system during that time can cause the user to wonder if the system has recognized their input, and during this time they may click on the Post button again. An example of this may be seen in the 3rd and 4th quote-and-reply sections of this post.

I've played around with this a bit and found that it's very easy to reproduce the behavior. It's perfectly understandable because the system doesn't give you a lot of feedback that it's processing your request, and we're a pretty board so it does fall behind from time to time. Best advice we can offer is to be patient, and when you've posted go back and check to make sure you posted what you think you posted. :)

I'm constantly in trouble because of my lack of savvy. Maybe this is a bit that I can stay out of?? Thanks Edited by rigney