Preparing for my engineering day

Aladdin's

Actually I am preparing for my engineering day in college.So my idea is too build a truss bridge , since it's my first experience in this field.

In fact , I am still thinking of how I will present my bridge , would I add some videos clarifying what is a truss bridge , how it works , or what ?!

I'm working on modeling my bridge at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

NB: The bridge is made of balsa wood.

If it is "engineering day", then I would suggest that you make sure that you show how strong the bridge is.

It's easy to build a balsa wood bridge to cross a 1 meter gap. It's something different altogether to be able to place a crate of beer on it in the middle.

Edited by CaptainPanic

I would go along with the Cap'n about differential safe loads. I saw a fantastic demonstration with pasta bridging a 30cm gap and the masses that various models of bridge could hold. It was the finale for a schools competition to build best pasta bridge; best was defined as lowest ratio of weight of pasta to safe weight of mars bars held at the centre.