making nitric acid

boris_73

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That kno3 looks great, but still, it's in USA. And jsatan, oh how I tried! But all the sellers are in USA. :( Recently, I mailed to an American pyrotechnics company and I think they thought I was a freaking terrorist or something. :D

no its not in the USA did you not look at the prices there in pounds£ not dollars$ which means its in england :)

Whoops! I just saw "Cleveland" and thought it was Cleveland, Ohio. But apparently it's the state of Cleveland in England. :)

Edit: Hmm, it's got "the strongest ammonia money can buy" and iodine crystals on the same page. :D Time for some nitrogen tri-iodide!

did you get your conical flask from scichem.co.uk if so how much did it cost

I did, they`re only up the road from me, and I bought a box of 10, I don`t rem the cost as it was a few years ago and the invoice is long hidden in a pile of paperwork since then, sorry.

i am really sorry but like i said in the H2O2 post i thought it would have some really bad impurites to concentrate it though could i just boil it or would i have to distill it and besides i have learnd something from it one how to make nitric acid from potassium nitrate and sulphuric acid and two if i know of a link mention it at the start :D

I`ve no way of knowing what impurities the PH Down has without having a sample, so I can`t really answer that for you in honesty, but re-distilation will elliminate them unless they have a lower BP, but even so, it`ll shift most :)