New laptop advice

Severian

I need to get a new laptop, and I was thinking about a Dell Latitude D800. Has anyone tried this machine? Anyone have any advice?

I have decided against having a truely dinky laptop since I will be doing the majority of my work on this. It doesn't really need to be terribly fast - I don't do anything graphics intensive. Battery life is important but 2-3hrs is probably enough.

The problem with Powerbooks and such is they don't run any other programs. Stupid compatibilty problems....

I hate Macs anyways.

BUT ANYWAYS, I also have an old (10 years old) laptop with Windows and it works great. Windows 98, of course, running on 16 MB of RAM and only a 1 gig hard drive.

What's wrong with windows on a laptop?

Guest neweinstein

I actually got my laptop from toysrus,it cost £999 and has a very good spec:

3.2ghz p4, 512mb ram, 60gb hd, dvd/cd RW, etc. Ive had no prblems with it whatsoever up to now, if anything the battery life could be better (1 hour 50mins).

I am more interested in comments on the actual machine itself. Does it look OK (spec-wise)?

OS wise, in the past I have always gone dual boot windows/linux, but this time I don't think I will bother with linux, and just put cygwin on top of windows.

I can't stand Macs... (it is a funny thing about macs - they are like marmite: you either love them or hate them)