Music in our life

Piccolo

I see music as sounds. Louder sounds get people more in a frenzy. This is probably true with our ancestors back in the cromagnum times also. Look at the African tribes going wild through musical influence. Sound and rytheme.

Music has always been changing and people (times) have changed with it. Victorian times classical pianos, during civil war music was played using banjos (a.k.a. modern hick music), and the roaring twenties; with western influenced beats merged with be beginning of jazz. Electricity eventually lead to us listening to it's sound. Differnce today with music is it's diversity. People choose what they listen to (they have many options). Back in victorian times, everyone and their parents listened to Bach. Differant cultures, all living amongest each other through it be the internet, televison or the overall communication system, has made music intertwined with modern day life.

So the question. Do I believe music shapes a person? Yes, you can get a good amount of information about a person just by knowning the music they listen too. This is seen more notabley in grade schoolers and high schoolers. I remember when I was in High School, music made you etheir in this crowd or another. As you become older, you seem to lose that musical connection, but we still recognize music.

As to what music I listen too. I am a hard rock, 1990s metal/alternative/rock sence kind of person. I like bands such as koRn, tool and other hard rock. But since 1998 rock music sucks. Today, I listen to some rap (kool keith, del the funky, automator, some radio rap), but mostley public and talk radio. Jazz sometings, but usually flipping through channels.

People with brain injuries who can no longer speak a word can sometimes here familiar music and sing the lyrics perfectly. Speech is on the opposite side of the brain from music and music is used in therapy to try to reconnect the speech areas.

Music might be good for survival cus music sure makes it nice to be alive.

Just aman

• 3 weeks later...
Louder sounds get people more in a frenzy. This is probably true with our ancestors back in the cromagnum times also. Look at the African tribes going wild through musical influence. Sound and rytheme.

What? Are you suggesting that African tribes are less developed and have more in common with cromagnum man? Do you think the enjoyment of music is limited to less developed countrys?

You worry me. :eek: