can we electrolyse hydrogen

silverwind

If the OP's line of thinking is pointing towards water powered cars, I'm afraid that these are still mythical. However, Honda appear to produce a fuel cell powered car that needs hydrogen and oxygen to combine, producing electricity. The car then runs on the electricity and produces water as a 'waste' product. For an explanation, see here:

Water Powered Car - First Hydrogen Car by HondaPosted by Admin Published in Water Powered Car

The 1st commercial water powered car (power by Hydrogen) is here! Honda has begun the first commercial production of a zero-emission, hydrogen fuel-cell powered vehicle. Honda FCX Clarity is a four-seated hydrogen vehicle that runs on electricity produced by combining hydrogen with oxygen, and emits water vapour.

Good News: This car is 3 times fuel efficient as compare to the petrol-powered car.

Bad News: Honda plans to produce 200 of the cars over the next three years. It will be hard for you to see it on the road or even own it!

Fuel Cell Power

I thought it was an allusion to Meyer's 'water powered' cars? Maybe I'm wrong....

Where did people ever get the idea that water was a source of energy instead of electrolyzed hydrogen being a energy-storage medium?

well,what is a bystander?sorry,if the question is silly,im a newbie.  :P

The fusion of a proton and a neutron involves the strong nuclear interaction, and the electron doesn't interact this way. It's not (directly) involved in this reaction.

Some people will believe anything they see on TV or read in the 'papers.

Plus there's a deeper psychology to it, imo: People with access to elite levels of economic resources like to believe in the fantasy of abundant energy because it justifies their high levels of consumption. If they think about energy being a non-renewable resource, they feel guilty for consuming such high levels of it while other people go without.

• 4 weeks later...

Plus there's a deeper psychology to it, imo: People with access to elite levels of economic resources like to believe in the fantasy of abundant energy because it justifies their high levels of consumption. If they think about energy being a non-renewable resource, they feel guilty for consuming such high levels of it while other people go without.

oo thats deep

• 1 month later...
Hi i am new to this site but i have a science fair project due in a little while and i have a short budget so what would be the best electrodes to use for electrolysis

Well scientists like to use platinum for that, but you can use some big steel nails. They'll probably corrode, but not as quickly as the copper wire, and should last long enough.