Cabriosaurus?

Fellowes

I watched a documentary on this Jason fella on the Discovery channel this morning. He was in crypto zoology and was chasing a cabriosaurus I think it was called. I was just wondering if anybody else happened to see this same documentary and if anybody else is interested in crypto zoology?

http://webpages.shepherd.edu/MKYNE01/About%20Crypto%20Zoology.htm

The term Cryptozoology was coined by Dr. Bernard Heuvelmans. Crypto comes from the Greek word kryptos, which means hidden or unknown, and zoology refers to the study of animals.

however, a google search for "cabriosaurus" provided 2 results, neither of which seemed to be dealing with animals.

Well I'm not sure EXACTLY what it was called but it was something along those lines, Crypto Zoology is the study of creatures such as Nessie and Bigfoot. Zoology = the study of animals, Crypto=decode, therefore crypto zoology means to study animals that we aren't sure exist, we're trying to deCrypt them. I dunno but there was these 2 guys and the study was taking place in BC Canada.

http://www.cryptosafari.com/bcscc/cadborosaurus.htm

I think the name of the mysterious beast has been spelled incorrectly.

Googling the correct spelling turns up all kinds of pages about it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=Cadborosaurus+&btnG=Search

Almost all of them are ".com", I didn't seen one ".edu" in the bunch.

One word.

Apparantly the two main themes are "sea-serpent like creatures" and "Yeti like creatures".

First off - it seems quite strange to me that we have never found a dead one of either, let alone a live one.

Let's take the Yeti - it's also odd that there are several places in the world where similar creatures are thought (by some) to exist. The Yeti of the Himilayas, the Sasquatch of the Pacific Northwest, and the Yeren of China. Fossils have been found of a prehistoric ape that lived in asia called Gigantopithecus http://www.unmuseum.org/bigape.htm - they are remarkably similar to Yeti, Sasquatch (or Bigfoot) and Yerin).

I am doubtful of their existance today, because there would have to be a fairly large number in order to sustain a reproducing population. With all the explorers combing all parts of the world, it's incredible to me that one has neither been found dead, killed, nor brought back alive. Neither have we found feces, hair, or other residue that can be examined for DNA - strange, what?

Also interesting that the two most plausible pieces of evidence, the movie of the sasquatch and the photo of Nessie, were both proven to be hoaxes, through evidence given by the perpetrators.

What do you think about this explanation?

We know that our human ancestors coexisted with other now-extinct animals - mammoths, cave-bears, wooly rhinoceros, etc. Perhaps the origination of these tales, fables, or stories, had their roots in prehistory when gigantopithecus did share the world with our ancestors. Perhaps these stories have been handed down generation after generation. As to what people see today - people have extraordinary imaginations, and the mind is tricky. If one hopes, or expects, to see a strange creature, the mind is more likely to conjure one up out of shadows, foliage, other animals, or a combination thereof.

What do I think - I'm highly skeptical, but I just don't know if it's plausible that these creatures can exist undetected in today's world.