Why ?

JHAQ

If ANY mass crosses the event horizon of a black hole , it is accelerated to c ( light speed ) . The mass becomes infinite & hence the energy release becomes infinite ( even if time ( to an outside observer ) stops . Yet black holes seem to exist & must have accreted mass ( maybe the source of energy for quasars ? ). Infinite is infinite so how come the universe is still here ? Is Einstein only approximately correct ?

If ANY mass crosses the event horizon of a black hole , it is accelerated to c ( light speed ) .

In what frame of reference and why? I´d simply doubt that statement because for an outside observer for example the mass actually stops before reaching the event horizon and because a time-like vector cannot turn into a light-like.

The mass becomes infinite ...

well, again: Why so? In what coordinate system? What does "mass beomes infinite" actually mean to you?

... & hence the energy release becomes infinite [...].

Oh well, I really don´t get your post. Doesn´t "mass increases" and "energy is released" contradict a bit?

Yet black holes seem to exist & must have accreted mass ( maybe the source of energy for quasars ? ). Infinite is infinite so how come the universe is still here ? Is Einstein only approximately correct ?

Didn´t understand your question sorry. Might either be because I don´t know the word "accreted" or because of the things I didn´t understand in your first sentences.

i dont think that mass near black holes accelerate to c, whilsts they will be attracted and as a result will most likely speed up, they are not automatically 'sucked in' at c, although after a period of time they could reach c, c is not a constant for masses being 'sucked; into a black hole.

If ANY mass crosses the event horizon of a black hole , it is accelerated to c ( light speed ) . The mass becomes infinite & hence the energy release becomes infinite ( even if time ( to an outside observer ) stops . Yet black holes seem to exist & must have accreted mass ( maybe the source of energy for quasars ? ). Infinite is infinite so how come the universe is still here ? Is Einstein only approximately correct ?

Einstein is pretty correct, since wherever you got your information is incorrect.

i dont think that mass near black holes accelerate to c, whilsts they will be attracted and as a result will most likely speed up, they are not automatically 'sucked in' at c, although after a period of time they could reach c, c is not a constant for masses being 'sucked; into a black hole.

Well, no. I don't know much about the physics of black holes, but I know that a body can't be accelerated to a speed greater than equal to c.

My hypothesis the question of matter falling into black holes is centered around the concept of tidal forces reducing the matter to constituant atoms once passing the event horizon. These individual particles will be accelerated very rapidly but the black holes radius dictates a finite amount of velocity that can be obtained. Seeing as my models of black holes omit a singularity in the traditional sense, the matter can over shoot the central region by some small amount but will eventually settle in its exotic form in the sentral region.

The error in your assumptions stems from the thinking that because light cannot escape from inside the black hole that matter falling in must be accelerated to c when coming from outside the hole.