How practical would this be...

BobSanchez

I am currently a high school senior, and I have a wide array of interests in numerous fields of science. Would major or double major/set of minors would best allow me to include chemical/mechanical engineering, physics, and mathematics? I've considered chemical engineering with minors in math and physics, or double majoring in chem and mech engineering. Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

I am currently a high school senior, and I have a wide array of interests in numerous fields of science. Would major or double major/set of minors would best allow me to include chemical/mechanical engineering, physics, and mathematics? I've considered chemical engineering with minors in math and physics, or double majoring in chem and mech engineering. Anyone have any advice or experience with this?

I'm a chemistry major, but my math requirements make me almost a math minor. I have to take Calculus I, II, III, and IV along with differential equations. I have friends who are physics majors and they have the same math requirements plus Linear Algebra, differential geometry, and one more class I can't seem to recall. So if you major in chemistry or physics, I would guess that a math minor wouldn't be that far away. I might go ahead and tag on Linear Algebra myself because I love it...why not!?

I'm a chemistry major, but my math requirements make me almost a math minor. I have to take Calculus I, II, III, and IV along with differential equations. I have friends who are physics majors and they have the same math requirements plus Linear Algebra, differential geometry, and one more class I can't seem to recall. So if you major in chemistry or physics, I would guess that a math minor wouldn't be that far away. I might go ahead and tag on Linear Algebra myself because I love it...why not!?

Why not indeed? :D

I agree with you, I'll probably do the math minor at least. You should too. :)

You should look at the specific requirements at your college/university. Most Chem Engineering degrees are monstrous (like a 100+ credits passed GE's), but overlap a lot of Chem and Math. If you're college has a lot of overlap in the required classes for certain minors then it might be worth it. But it may be worth it at some colleges and not at others. I don't know how much it would help you in the job field though, not being a Chem Engineer myself.