this site's addicting

Plecostomus

is it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. is it?

• yes
    • no

maybe the effect will wear off, but i find a place like this, there are many different topics, so there's always lots to talk about.... i wait a while before i start worrying about forum addiction, besieds, atm i have the time, so why not?

I don't know if it's just this site in particular. All forums can be addicting.

Here's an edited version of how my brother puts it: "There's a thing called forarrhea. It's a disease that people have that makes them spend too much time on forums. They can't stop looking at their post counts. It's like when you look at a forum for Harley Davidson Repair and Highlighting in Northern Oklahoma, and there's someone who has over 25000 posts... they've got it bad."

Very loosely, "forarrhea" would mean: "excessive flow/posting (-rhea) on forums (fora-)". I used to struggle with forarrhea, but this is the only forum I really look at nowadays. Of course I spend two hours a go on it, I just don't post much. Anyone know how do you set autorefreshing on Mozilla Firefox?

i dont really look at my post count, though i have noticed it recently after the thread about the rating system.... look at me, im an organism [just check the spelling of that, would wanna mis-spell it, if you know what i mean]

acutally i nicked that joke of my science teacher who wrote:

atoms>cells>tissue>organs>organism

or sumin like that, then said "and be careful how you spell the last one"

not many people in the class got the joke for a while, probably coz they weren't listening though!

i posted loads over the summer, on all of those boring days and if you think about it, 10 or 11 isnt that much, its just those days when you never posted everything takes you down.... like in this one thread ive posted 5 posts, so by the time you think i've posted in about 5 - 10 threads every day, 11 posts a day aint that much.

and then there's always exceptions, but they cancel each other out.

i must admit though that i am having a bit of a sfn craze at the mo! :)

I don't know if it's just this site in particular. All forums can be addicting.

Here's an edited version of how my brother puts it: "There's a thing called forarrhea. It's a disease that people have that makes them spend too much time on forums. They can't stop looking at their post counts. It's like when you look at a forum for Harley Davidson Repair and Highlighting in Northern Oklahoma' date=' and there's someone who has over 25000 posts... they've got it [i']bad[/i]."

Very loosely, "forarrhea" would mean: "excessive flow/posting (-rhea) on forums (fora-)". I used to struggle with forarrhea, but this is the only forum I really look at nowadays. Of course I spend two hours a go on it, I just don't post much. Anyone know how do you set autorefreshing on Mozilla Firefox?

yeah I agree.

I Mozilla Firefox. its cool!

Sure is addicting.

I keep logging in 3/4 times a day.

I think I got ¨forarrhea¨

then why dont you click the remember me box? then you dont have to keep logging in and off?

[or are you at your uni?]

whats sfna???

scinece forums network amnesia of sumin?

I think its not so much addicting as it is stimulating. People don't talk about these issues in public because intellectual conversation is frowned upon, unless your among academics. Forums are one thing but one such as this provides knowledge, insight and entertainment all in one. It beats sitting in front of the idiot box absorbing the latest 'reality' shows.

I really appreciate the outlet this site gives me in not only alieviating the thoughts that circle in my brain daily and help in honing my explanitory skills. Knowledge is often hoarded, a community such as this where it is embellished and shared is well needed. Kudos to all for their intellectually stimulating input. :)

a better indication of addiction would be to look at your post count per day. mines about 6.5. 5614's about 11 and daves 4.3 . as a general rule. the longer you been here , the less you post. take blike for example

Well, I didn't post anything for about 3-4 months after joining, hence my lowish postrate. It used to be a lot lower :)

Unless your at uni or cern you never seem to come across like minded people. Plus there's a broad spectrum of knowledge here. Any idea you can come up with, genius or mindless ramblings of two occasionaly colliding neurons, someone can answer the question. I started on aol boards and if it didn't have E, =, m, c and 2 in it the host of the beyond the universe board who only knows chemistry would quote it. Where else could I spout the garbage I do and not get a free coat with lots of nice straps and buckles. I couldn't wait to get back from work today. I wonder if anyone could come up with a slow release sfn replacement patch to help me give up. Don't all offer at once and there was no need to shout. :D