Are Aliens visiting us

That's a nice summary of what a primitive people understand about energy. Obviously we haven't got a clue. You have to consider the time frame we're thinking of aliens in. Anyone who has the audacity to claim our understanding of energy will hold true for millions of years really needs a crash course in history, and what we thought was absolutely impossible merely decades ago.

Also, you're forgetting something about energy... it did organize itself into the matter of the universe.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I tried to claim an understanding of energy... but to show that the essential element of how we would define a living being of energy would not be typical definitions. The typical respiration, reproduction, reactivity, etc. would not apply.. and we would define it as something that has a consciousness... memory, reasoning, etc... all the elements of the human consciousness, and anything else would not be recognized. I mean do we recognize a light bulb as life? No, but why not? Because it lacks the consciousness we recognize. Our understanding of consciosness may be primitive, but I think if it is all we have, we must work with it. And a being of energy is more like a useless Sci-fi fantasy or pipe dream than an actual scientific goal.

Also Fafalone mentioned the way that energy made the universe... but it is still not known how energy can make matter, only the vice versa. We can convert matter into energy, we have not (to my knowledge) achieved the opposite.

Well, I just got back from watching some TV. I was watching some UFO show on Science Discovery and a funny though came to mind.

Some guy was talking about how in mid-evil times they had "white ghosts" at the bedside. In other times they were "demons" and other mythical creatures. SPOOKY.

Whats funny is that this guy disproved Aleins right there and he didn't mean too. If these Aleins are, what he tried to say, been here all along. Then they are just modern day stories which came with our expanding knowledge of space travel.

Who KNOWS? In 90 years poeple won't even give Aliens (in the UFO sence) a second thought, just laugh. Maybe, by then will be in fear of viruses being living things. Ones that came back from Mars!!!

Originally posted by aman

This site says that spce cameras have been capturing UFOs for quite a while. http://www.ufomag.co.uk/euroseti.htm

They have a lecture you can download, about 1/2 hour if you watch it and the photos are kind of grainy. It's interesting.

Just aman

Disney.jpg

If that's the best they can do, an image called 'disney.jpg' that would take me 10 minutes to better in Photoshop (including NASA watermark and time indexing), then I wouldn't get your hopes up that they have any proof.

People will always make crap up and then lie about the number of hits they get. It's the universal truth of the web.

Guest lilbabynushi

I definitely believe that aliens exist in this universe. It's so not possible that we are only ones living in this universe.But it doesn't have to mean that they have already visited us or that their means of transportation to earth is a stupid saucer.They could probably have visited us without our knowing.I think we shouldn't really get all hyped up about some stupid sightings in the sky........though one day we may find that there is something more to it all than we think.

Originally posted by lilbabynushi

I definitely believe that aliens exist in this universe. It's so not possible that we are only ones living in this universe.But it doesn't have to mean that they have already visited us or that their means of transportation to earth is a stupid saucer.They could probably have visited us without our knowing.I think we shouldn't really get all hyped up about some stupid sightings in the sky........though one day we may find that there is something more to it all than we think.

Well, there are some discrepancies on Earth, ie. the Statues on the Easter Islands, the Egypatian pyramids, etc.

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Roswell that ends well.

:P nice pun.

Originally posted by NSX

Well, there are some discrepancies on Earth, ie. the Statues on the Easter Islands, the Egypatian pyramids, etc.

There are no discrepencies surrounding the pyramids that cannot be adequately explained without aliens, and we know who built the Moai on Rapa Nui (Easter Island to you), and when, and why.

Further embellishment is just wishful thinking.

As a side note, anybody who tells you that the Giza Pyramids line up with Orion's Belt hasn't looked at the maths.

• 6 months later...

there are those civilizations that drew those giant forms in the earth, that you can see with like a plane overhead, but they could have just been doing that to show whatever god they thought was in the sky. they did have something that looked like a landing strip, but I don't think anything that could fly through the galaxy would need to land like an airplane.

However I do think that if something smarter than us did come to earth, they would be interested in our civilization and probably want to keep coming back.