first contact

MRlogic

Passive Sensory Systems will be woefully slow & inadequate

Passive visual sensors, which "wait for lagging light" to slowly percolate across the cosmos, and "deign to finally inform" Mankind, of "cosmic politics", will be woefully inadequate, for figuring out, what actually is occurring, across the cosmos. In theory, the Hyper-Civilizations, of alien Hyper-Species, could be billions of years old, at present, and yet the light from their fledgling "Apollo Programs" wouldn't be seen in the skies of Earth, for billions & billions of years to come. Most of the "meat of the onion of [expanding, closed] spacetime" is above & beyond the Backwards Light-Conoid of Earth.

activeeyesnecessary.th.jpg

Passive Sensory Systems will be woefully slow & inadequate

Passive visual sensors, which "wait for lagging light" to slowly percolate across the cosmos, and "deign to finally inform" Mankind, of "cosmic politics", will be woefully inadequate, for figuring out, what actually is occurring, across the cosmos. In theory, the Hyper-Civilizations, of alien Hyper-Species, could be billions of years old, at present, and yet the light from their fledgling "Apollo Programs" wouldn't be seen in the skies of Earth, for billions & billions of years to come. Most of the "meat of the onion of [expanding, closed] spacetime" is above & beyond the Backwards Light-Conoid of Earth.

activeeyesnecessary.th.jpg

i dout our race will last 1 billion years.unless wereach the type 3 stage civilization faster. i thing in 1 billion years the human race would have evolved very much tothe point were not human anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose some UFOs are ETIs. Obviously they are carefull to leave behind NO hard evidence of their existence. So why would they design their flying saucers with lights on the OUTSIDE of their ships? That makes no sense at all. If your intention is studying Earth species covertly, then use stealth and don't advertise your existence with exterior lights. Or maybe the exterior lights are intended to start us thinking about them to gradually prepare us for the day we REALIZE they are already here.

Suppose some UFOs are ETIs. Obviously they are carefull to leave behind NO hard evidence of their existence. So why would they design their flying saucers with lights on the OUTSIDE of their ships? That makes no sense at all. If your intention is studying Earth species covertly, then use stealth and don't advertise your existence with exterior lights. Or maybe the exterior lights are intended to start us thinking about them to gradually prepare us for the day we REALIZE they are already here.

I think in most cases any light associated with a UFO is supposed to be related to the drive field of the space craft, not decoration.

I think in most cases any light associated with a UFO is supposed to be related to the drive field of the space craft, not decoration.

That still doesn't make sense. You are suggesting that humans have developed better stealth technology than an ET that is so advanced it could travel here? Their drive field is impossible to mask? I think if they are sophisticated enough to find us and travel here, then they would have even better stealth technology than we do, and their drive fields could be masked. It seems to me that the real ETs that could be watching us would be totally invisible and undetectible, because that is obviously their intention.

Or their means for propulsion cannot get around leaving a light signature?