Diatom Vessels

NavajoEverclear

Well i only use diatoms cause their pretty, and cause of their shells leads me to believe they are durable, and will survive better. Perhaps there is a better candidate for my proposal. My proposal is that we spend great effort on figuring out how to encode DNA, so that we are capable of creating small mechanisms for reading and copying the code ( i know enzymes do this, but for my purpose we may need more than what nature has given).

When we have these capabilites, we than design diatoms to carry and copy diverse individual human genomes, and genomes of plants and animals. If anyway possible, to encode messages that can later be deciphered by an intelligent species. We then release them to breed.

When we deplete our enviroment and everyone dies, the diatoms will survive. Bacteria and photosynthetic bacteria will over time, make the earth habitable again. These diatoms are still around. They even have a trigger to determine when it is safe to release their protected genetic passengers. They produce the fetuses which they carry, and produce the chemicals needed to feed them. Not all of their passengers will succesfully be produced. there may even be a large amount of evolution taking place here where the creatures most capable of surviving after being produced, will create whole species of altered organisms, better adaptapted for surviving from a diatom mother, probably in the ocean.

Eventually these creature will become smart, something humanlike, if capable of adapting to coming from diatom pools, will arise. Maybe the only hope for humans will be diatoms in shallow ponds, whatever. And then the diatoms also carry encoded messages, literature and countless other information, the key to its translation could be mathmatical, who knows, eventually an advanced species, possibly humans will read these messages, and change their culture as a result of the knowledge and history of the old world.

Could something like this be our hope for ressurection when we create our own apocalypse?