Internet 2

PogoC7

It's about time people start using the interent in more creative way, then just using it.

The internet in my opinion; is so full of junk and so cluttered that eventually security problems and over kill of too many good things in one place will lead to it's own demise. I'm not saying people stop using it, but people will not want to.

I'm glad to see academy starting to use the internet in more specific ways. I've always thought the internet should be more personal to each person. This way security problems won't be as much a threat and we can get back to what everyone invisioned the internet would be.

More information about INTERNET 2: http://www.internet2.edu/

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link." That is the absolute truth when it comes to the Internet, and the internet 2 will only remain secure as long as there are no loose connections.. say a dial-up terminal in some college basement or a loose manhole cover outside a technology center at a school. Anyone can break security because you have an keyholes... you need only customize a key, while the person on the other side of the door has to watch millions of doorknobs, and prey they catch the one that's turning.. just in time.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Internet 3 is already beta. They're copying firefox -- as soon as internet 2 was released, Internet 3 was already getting attention.

is there a stable fork? I'm tired of my DNR borking.

also, will internet3 have a spel checker? :D

No. Web 2.0 refers to dynamic, data-driven web applications that are built on the fly in response to what the visitor is looking for (or what the provider wants them to see). It also refers to the behind-the-scenes intermingling of data sources to produce more complex and interesting web applications, such as a page that takes a data source of barber shops and their addresses and "mashes it up" with Google Maps, showing you the locations of said barber shops.

All of which happens on good old Internet 1.