Wireless Power

Vicious101

got any idieas these are my notes

"tesla coil"

"its just to ****ing loud and it would need to be big to make enough power"

http://www.apc.net/bturner/coils.htm

"for one to be able to power a house would be like standing under a plane just about to take off...you would need white noise......."

"unless you made a white noise pocket around the tesla coil hat would work but to keep and just around the coil im not sure but that would work well you would use the power from it to power the white noise thus stoping the roaring sound from hurting your ears but then teres also the fact that an airplain just might get fryed by the eltro field of the coil >< one problim into another"

http://www.frank.germano.com/tunguska.htm

"then someone will just use it for a weapon"

yea im crazy and all but im sure it would help lol and thoughts idieas? im sure its a dead subject but anything to "spark" (hehehe) something on wireless power

don't tesla coils USE power? why use up more power to power things that you can power with much less power?

wow' date=' i used the word power a lot of times[/quote']

thats why you work on it lol make it use less power and refine it more if you workon something long enough it will work better yes? i dont know much in science's but im trying to spark someone's mind to try something lol

"it takes a stupid person to do a smart thing"

well these are just thoughts =\

then like

Power Plant > The big power lines (cant think of thier name) > Coil > People

just make more power i guess

sure it uses more power but wouldnt it give the power out better? this way there would be less power outages just maintain the Coils

don't tesla coils USE power? why use up more power to power things that you can power with much less power?

wow' date=' i used the word power a lot of times[/quote']

that isn`t the point, the point is the Transmission of that power, not it`s efficiency.

and secondly Air is a very poor conductor of electricity and heat (not as you mentioned).

Tesla coils can transmit power through a vacuum, air isn`t the issue here.

One of the easiest ways to solve the energy crises is to decentralise the power distibution infrastructure and have each house hold producing its own power with something like fuel cells. Most of the electricity generated by burning coal(which itself is only about 30% efficient) is lost in transmission and even less of the power delieved is actually used. Its a very inefficent process every step of the way. Seeing as houses don't actually use that much power, not much needs to be generated if its used in the immdiate surrounds.

the most common [at the moment the only way i can think of] wireless way of transmitting an eletcrical current is to use sparks. your choice how you wanna do that. tesla coil, van de graph.

or you could shoot electrons at an electron reciever to create a current, or shoot photons at a wire, when the photons hits the atom, an electrical current is made, thats how solar panels work. the only problem is that most materials dont produce much electrical current from it, so chose a suitable material [soz, cant help you with that choice] :D

i meant insulator. i went retarded for a minute. i know the point is transmission of power, but why screw with it when what we have is already more efficient.

everything else is wireless this day and age lol why not power?

i think my thoughts on wireless power dont really work but in all due time something will be done

like maybe power being beamed from dishes to sata's and then back to your house hell its called space lets shoot some more birds up lol

but the transformer behind my house is always blowing (fuse usealy) and it should be replaced but there not gonna =\ then hurracane fraces took out my power for a few days and i know there are people with out power still so i thought about it and well wireless power lol

anythings possable you just gotta get through the barrirers to get your goal

im not a scientist nor am i very good with the subject well i hope someone thinks of something lol >< im out of thoughts for now....

One of the easiest ways to solve the energy crises is to decentralise the power distibution infrastructure and have each house hold producing its own power with something like fuel cells. Most of the electricity generated by burning coal(which itself is only about 30% efficient) is lost in transmission and even less of the power delieved is actually used. Its a very inefficent process every step of the way.

I think that would be disastrous. How do you propose each house generates that much power?

Seeing as houses don't actually use that much power, not much needs to be generated if its used in the immediatee surrounds.

Don’t use that much power? How much is 'much' power? Maybe in Australia people don’t use as much power but have you ever looked at the meter on the side of your house?

wireless appliances have batteries. transmitting power is different. the shooting photons would only work if the receiver was made of a photoelectric material.

although the 1`st part of your statement maybe true in many instances, the rest of it is pure fiction, How you think a radio antenna works? or the coil in a feild strength meter?

there`s no photo electric material used in either.

I think a microwave beam would be the best bet for wireless power. I have heard of people converting there wireless mouse to run without batteries. They just put a coil under pad/in the mouse.

i dont see how that would work, my grandpa has a wireless mouse with out batteries, its got some other thing which holds the current, it uses a special charge up base, its not wireless power though.

Well I would just use a plasma taser.

Read bout this in CNN

Some us military scientist has built a gun that will shoot out condctive plasma and electrify it

the microwave beam sounds interesting but how would u convert it back into electricity?

this is hardly wireless, it must be very close to each other, i think... im not really sure how that site works, a magnet field would be made by the wires underneath, this magnet field could be changed to a current, if there was a suitable reciever in the mouse. but it would have to be very close to work, we're talking a few cm, not truely wireless... and there is no room for improvement due to the 'small-ish' magnet field caused by currents.

this could not be how the diagram in the site works, it is not really clear.

also the fact is that there are still batteries in the thing in the end. although they are wirelessly charged, it is not directly wireless powered, [technical difference]

Of course it’s wirelessly powered! ALL of the power used by the mouse flows through the air at one point. It NOT powered by the battery it. The battery in the mouse could be replaced by a capacitor and it would still work.

It doesn’t matter whether its only a few cm or not. Its still WIRELESS power. Just because something is wireless doesn’t mean that’s it can’t have wires somewhere in the device.