Why would this still be called "evolution"

Eukaryotes are believed to be fusion of an archaea single celled organism and a eubacteria single celled organism that eventually created the nucleus and then consumed a mitochondrial cell which is believed to be actually a proteobacteria cell. The nucleus that protects our DNA is not found in archaea, eubacteria or a proteobacteria organism. In plants, another eukaryote consumed a chloroplast cell which is believed to be actually colonies of cyanobacteria. Further evolution involved acquired retroviruses in addition to cell duplicate and random mutation.

This does not appear to be an accident if this is indeed how it happened. All of these single celled organisms involved in a dependent lifestyle that makes us complex also live in nature as individuals. Also doesn't it make us just another bacteria that is unique in how we are put together?

I know evolution does not cover origin but it does include single celled organisms. Eukaryotes did evolve from single celled organisms that formed a "permanent partnership" within a specific generation time frame that only those individuals participating in this union. Since they replicate, a few cells used in this process would not have any affect on the other offspring. (In theory of course)

Which makes sense since single celled organisms dominate the planet as a whole. Correct me if I am wrong, but if take away the mitochondria which is its own identity separate from our cell, we cannot exist as a larger complex life form with many specialized parts.

This all comes back to the initiator -photosynthesis using the sun's energy by cyanobacteria. Respiration is photosynthesis in reverse. The entire food web automatically participates in stabilization of the earth's sensitive atmosphere. This conflicts with evolution in that there is underlying direction that occurs at the cellular level. It is not an entirely automated system of chemical reactions. There is intelligence if you define it in its simplest terms meaning "memory." If you cannot remember it, there is no intelligence.

Our own body could never form without cellular memory. perfection costs too much in energy and life works to reduce energy. Anyway, the point I am trying to make is cyanobacteria is responsible for our existence and we are cyanobacteria's web of life that provide the solution to the oxygen crisis.

My grandfather (among others) is responsible for my existence, but I am not my grandfather.

If I were to solve, for example, the travelling salesman problem, I wouldn't be my grandfather's solution to that problem because there's no way he could have predicted that I would solve it.

The cyanobacteria that were our ancestors didn't "know" the future and couldn't consider future problems; far less solve them.

Respiration is photosynthesis in reverse.
This is wrong. The light reaction fulfills similar function as respiration. CO2 fixation is decoupled from respiration. Photosynthesis came later as initially all bacteria used anaerobic respiration. In fact, the first mass extinction was caused by the advent of photosynthesis and the resulting rise of oxygen in the atmosphere. As such it is incorrect to assume that it was a direction towards this end. Only after O2 arose organisms developed means to deal with it and ultimately benefit from it.

Exactly. ^^

Also, to the OP: cellular memory = DNA. But memory ≠ intelligence. A book is a form of memory, but you would not call it intelligence. DNA is a form of information storage, but not intelligence.

Edited by Rip:20

This is wrong. The light reaction fulfills similar function as respiration. CO2 fixation is decoupled from respiration. Photosynthesis came later as initially all bacteria used anaerobic respiration. In fact, the first mass extinction was caused by the advent of photosynthesis and the resulting rise of oxygen in the atmosphere. As such it is incorrect to assume that it was a direction towards this end. Only after O2 arose organisms developed means to deal with it and ultimately benefit from it.

Photosynthesis 6CO2 + 6H2O + energy = 6O2 + C6H12O6

Respiration 6O2 + C6H12O6 = 6H2O + 6CO2 + energy

Exactly. ^^

Also, to the OP: cellular memory = DNA. But memory ≠ intelligence. A book is a form of memory, but you would not call it intelligence. DNA is a form of information storage, but not intelligence.

okay no life has intelligence including humans. You can't believe that you are intelligent since your body is made of and is a home for a community of living organisms.

Photosynthesis consists of two uncoupled reaction. The first one delivering the energy for the second. Respiration is functionally equivalent to the first part of photosynthesis (as both create proton gradients to drive ATP generation).

Photosynthesis 6CO2 + 6H2O + energy = 6O2 + C6H12O6

Respiration 6O2 + C6H12O6 = 6H2O + 6CO2 + energy

okay no life has intelligence including humans. You can't believe that you are intelligent since your body is made of and is a home for a community of living organisms.

Intelligence, although it's a difficult term to define, is simply not a requisite for evolution to occur, as you claim in your original post. Memory (or information storage) is required for both evolution and intelligence. Since Griffith's work in the early part of the last century, we've known that strings of DNA are the information storage system for all cellular life. Most of the points you make only support evolution, rather then call it into question. The issue you bring up about oxygenic photosynthesis seeming to be in balance with aerobic respiration is just one of many successful cyclical systems life has evolved.