Dreams

ydoaPs

When I was a young child, I had this reaccurring dream that I couldn't remember the details but I remembered how I felt. The only time I ever felt like that was during that dream. Evenually, the dreams stopped and I forgot about them.

Two weeks ago, I got that feeling and I still have it. Last night, I had the dream again. This time I remembered it. I was in a circular stone temple with pillers around the circumference of one of the middle circles. The space outside the pillers was a hallway surrounded by a darkness that I couldn't quite make out. I was in the middle circle, when I was approached by a figure. The figure told me that I would become king.

I figure there may be a psych major on the site that could tell me what it meant. Any suggestions?

Perhaps you have an inferiority complex and you want to have power over everyone.

:P

Actually I'm one of the people that thinks that dreams have no meaning. Nobody really knows what causes them or why. Some think they have meaning, others say that they are just your brain doing some strange thing (like doing something with your memory), or just keeping itself busy. Who knows?

How much reading have your done about "standing stones", etc?

The reason that I ask is that I used to read a lot of historical novels. I live in a historical colonial area - Yorktown, Williamsburg and Jamestown are known as "the historic triangle", so we often see this area depicted as it was a couple of hundred years ago.

Anyway - I used to have dreams that took place in bygone times... from the attire, I'd say it was mostly the late 1800's - hoop skirts and horse and buggies.

Anyway - some people might attribute that to a "past life" a la "Bridey Murphy", but I just figured that between seeing a lot of people dressed in period costumes on a regular basis, and reading descriptions of 19th century towns, that they had become imprinted in my brain, and were getting mixed up with "real" memories.

Have you read any of the books in "the Outlander" series? Your dream brings them to mind.

Guest Jungian0

aside from the possibility of past life regrssion, I feel that the dream is of physiological

signifigance. the brain manifests certain themes of life into symbols. The circle is symbolic characteristic of fertility, and the columns signify phallic symbols. The idea behind the dark hallway could very well symbolize the darkness and your overall blindness to upcoming life events. The promise of being king, although difficult to decipher, might suggest that your brain is doing some sort of subconcious fabricating of a story to reassure your ego. Waking the next day, the endowed dreamer might be compelled with a sense of granduer. This slight feeling can completely alter one's: attitude, behavior, self-worth, self-image, and overall path. A sort of precursor to self-fulfilled prophecy.

Guest HaReLdNkUmAr

There is a lot of symbolism during dreams where conscious thoughts are mixed in as unconscious objects during a dream so if something happened to you and you pushed it away consciously, it may have come back in your dream state using objects to represent it.

Guest HaReLdNkUmAr

It may have been a bad experience and your trying to push it away, but it re-occurrs during your dream not as the experience but simbalizing it. Or it could be something you want some dreams come as wishs for example. Some one dreams themselves bathing a baby which symbolizes a baby birth meaning she wants to have a baby.

i think dream dictionaries and the likes are the biggest loads of crap in existence. (well among the top 10 at least). I think the only way to figure out what it means is to analyze yourself, or have someone that knows you really well to try analyzing it---- that is if it has a relevant meaning. It surely has some type of meaning, but it could be something so obscure that it's impossible to pin down, and the reason it came back could just be basically random, maybe usage of that part of your brain has been randomly accessed again or something.

jordan, what did your teacher say?

He said that it's been a while since he's done any actual interpretations and such. He had a few books that he said I could go through and look all the symbols up, but someone already posted some of that on here and I was running out of time. I was hoping he would be able to look at it and give me an idea, but it's been a while since he's done any practicing of psychology. Teaching an intro psych course doesn't really get into interpretations so it's slipped away from him over the years. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.