computer science

UntamedHT

i'm a senior in high school and i'm thinking about taking computer science, so before i get myself into this college mess ... i want to know more about it . like from students who studied or are studing this major, so please help before it's too late!

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, you can change your mind. Even very dramatically, it's not unheard of for people to start with astrophysics and leave with a history degree.

To pursue a CompSci degree you would do well to already have some programming under your belt (I think the resident CompSci guys would tell you to start learning with Python if you haven't done much before) and also some serious competence at discrete mathematics.

• 2 months later...

A good computer science degree will prepare you for the cutting edge of technology as well as training you in the principles that are certain to underline future technologies just as they underlie today's. It will train you to think, solve problems methodically and to do a large piece of work and present it well. For these last reasons many people find that computer science is also an ideal general numerate degree for those wanting to go into financial, management consulting and similar areas.

• 4 weeks later...

I am currently undertaking a bachelors in CompSci and I can safely say that if you want to find out if this degree is for you, you should dabble in some programming, maybe watch some opencourseware lectures on the subject and see if it peaks your interest in the subject. CompSci is like anything else, you should only do it if you can enjoy it and you can see yourself doing it for a long time. The first year of a CompSci degree is basically the same as an I.T degree, so if you don't really enjoy the programming side of things you can always transfer to the second year of a I.T course without loosing any credit for the units you have already completed.

• 3 weeks later...

Computer Science studies the theoretical fundamentals of information and computation and applies these elements to computer systems. Learning this valuable knowledge can serve you well in the exciting and competitive computer and technology industry. Online degrees in the field of computer science can help you to get ahead while fitting into your schedule manageable at your own pace. From here http://www.thedegreeexperts.com/dg-computers-and-i.t-131.aspx you may look at the list of various online degrees in computer science.

• 2 months later...

Computer science studies the theoretical fundamentals of information and competition and applies these elements to computer systems. Learning this valuable knowledge can serve you well in the exciting and competitive computer and technology industry. Students who pursue advanced degrees in computer science will naturally increase their job prospects. A masters degree and a record of high-level performance and ability in the computer science field is usually sufficient for a top computer science career.