Does motion defy the law of identity?

jjjjj

OK, just had a thought, does motion mean there's void and matter in the same space? Would it be like saying 0=1, or 0+1=1? A bit scary actually, since that would mean everything is "suspended"? Or do properties depend on motion? BTW I know a conclusion probably requires motion to really be logical (thought process) but still.

Edited by jjjjj

OK, just had a thought, does motion mean there's void and matter in the same space? Would it be like saying 0=1, or 0+1=1? A bit scary actually, since that would mean everything is "suspended"? Or do properties depend on motion? BTW I know a conclusion probably requires motion to really be logical (thought process) but still.

I take it you're speaking in Aristotlean terms, which is why people are unlikely to know what you're talking about on a science forum. I do, but I still don't know why motion (that is, change) would contradict identity.

Also, this isn't really a physics question, so I'm going to move it to General Philosophy.