A difficuilt question???

Dr_Freak

(next time, call a thread like this 'star dust' and not 'a difficult question' as this helps. i was browsing and think, homework help, a difficult question, how useless, where as, if i saw homework help, star dust it would be more descriptive. thanks)

Hi

Would anybody please help me answer in a paragraph or so "What StarDust is?"

I don't mean the spaceship' date=' or any business.

Your help is appreciated :)[/quote']

"Stardust" could refer to the gas, ice and dust that eventually created our sun.

More likely though, it refers to the solar wind that our sun blows off constantly. Like the stuff the genesis probe was supposed to bring back in one piece. I recommend you google the term 'solar wind', as I am not one to do someones homework for them. :)

as this is homework help, i reckon what he wants is stardust not solar wind. although what you said was right.

solar wind is wind from our sun only. solar system is the 9 [maybe now 10 planets] surrounding our sun. solar refers to the sun. solar wind is wind blown off of our sun, not any star.

solar wind is wind from our sun only. solar system is the 9 [maybe now 10 planets] surrounding our sun. solar refers to the sun. solar wind is wind blown off of our sun' date=' not any star.

[/quote']

It is more like a stream of charged particles that are ejected under the influence of a magnetic field and not a "wind".

i know what it is! im a clever 15 year old :D

it is referred to as wind because of the way it repels away from the sun, in the homework help section, a typical question could be what is solar wind, you would not answer, it is not theoretically wind, that is just a methaphorical name for it, you would say that it is charged particles.... so on, what you said [minus the end bit]

Another question in which I was interested in is

"In the proton - proton cycle there are 2 forms of helium. Helium-3 and helium-4. Refering to the atomic structure, What is the difference between these two forms of helium???"

Thank you online helpers :cool:

Thank you for understanding,

I have moved this from "General Sciences" to the "Homework" section due to it being a more homework relevant question.

Would you be able to help me answer what our sun is made of?

I understand our sun is composed of 90% hydrogen and 8% helium. However what makes up the remaining 2%? And where did these come from??

Thank you once again!!

they are usually just random other things, uncertainties, no one has measured the sun, its just a educated guess that there are other elements there.

just as air is made of a small amount of unknown gases, like random things like neon and stuff, its insignifficant.

The rest of it is formed due to complex fusion reactions taking place in the interior of the sun due to enormous temperature and pressure.

The major constituents of the rest are iron and carbon amongst other things. There are formally hypothesized chains of fusion reactions which lead to formation of these elements. How do we know they are there ? Emission spectra of the sun.

Our sun is a second or third generation star. The other constituant elements are left over from the supernova that preceded the formation of or sola system and our sun. The suns current size (and age) dictate that the synthesis of iron and other heavier elements will not occur on a significant level due to the lack of pressure and abundance of hydrogen. While its their it will fuse it, when it runs out it will move onto sythesising progressively heavier elemens until the reaction becomes endothermic(around silicon) by then the fusion reactions will cease and our sun will fade to obsurity.

Elements heavier than silicon are formed in the vatly more complex supernovae events.