Michael Moore seeks to air F911 on the night before elections..

blike

Certainly not! It would take attention away from the real issues, like Kerry's Vietnam record. To quote Dave Barry:

...whose record [John Kerry's] during the Vietnam era, to judge from the amount of media scrutiny, pro and con, it has received in the past few weeks, is the most important single issue facing Americans today.
Actually, that's a joke. I don't see any harm in airing Fahrenheit 911 at any time up till and after the elections; if there's a single American left by November 2nd who doesn't know the issues and is still swayed by political propaganda - from either side - then god save America, and hope he blesses the side which bought your vote. :-(

EDIT: Sorry about that... I got emotional.

What about airing:

An hour of 9/11 clips (planes crashing, suicide jumpers, towers collapsing, etc.)

Followed by GW's speech.

Followed by images of those beaten, raped, and tortured by Saddam.

Followed by Kerry saying he is an anti-war candidate.

Sounds good to me; if F911 airs that night on the same channel, the left-wing propaganda might cancel out the right-wing propaganda, and people could make their vote based on what they feel rather than what they've been told to feel.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude above or in the last post, and I'm certainly not calling images of September 11th and the atrocities which occured under Saddam's reign in Iraq "propaganda". I was just trying to say that those who have chosen their party through informed personal decision aren't going to swing their vote on the day before the election due to some sensationalist movie released months earlier, and so makes no odds. If those late-changers actually affect the election result in the end, it's a rather sad state for fair democracy.

what about airing

an hour of 9/11 clips

followed by the man who allowed it to happen

followed by statistics of just how bad the country has suffered since bush got elected

followed by police reports, military documents, and images confirming what bush was doing while kerry was serving his country nobly in a war that was not ours.

I hope that anyone does not feel that I am making a connection between any of the events listed in my post. I just feel that airing emotionally charged material the night before an election could have devistating results on a general election (in either direction, depending on the material). Any sort of emotional portrayal of one candidate over the other seems a bit unfair. And while the actual events may have been factual in the TV show I presented, somewhat like F911, the emotions which are stirred by the events because of the manner in which they're shown would assuradly cause at least some voters to swing on emotion alone. I don't know if that's fair play. Manipulation of the mob is an easy thing, which is why we are a federal republic, not a democracy.

What about airing:

An hour of 9/11 clips (planes crashing' date=' suicide jumpers, towers collapsing, etc.)

Followed by GW's speech.

Followed by images of those beaten, raped, and tortured by Saddam.

Followed by Kerry saying he is an anti-war candidate.[/quote']

Sounds fair to me.

When I was on the home page and clicked on "New Posts" just a few minutes ago, I don't think this thread was on the list. I'm glad I did see it. blike has a very good idea there.

i dont see anything wrong with it. with all the negative campaining in america now. Kerry has got enough damaged with the swiftboat ads. Maybe this will somehow slap their wrist.

Kerry put that out there for free game, now that the truth is out there, he hates it. The pun intended is not to brag about something you cant back.

If Bush is a bad soldier, does that mean he is a bad politician? That he has the wrong views on key issues?

Or if Kerry is a good soldier, and a Vietnam veteran, does that mean he can handle terrorism correctly?

Their military service is totally irrelevant. What is relevant is the views on issues, their skills in politics, and so on.

I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt it will make a difference. After watching him at the RNC, he has really improved as a politician. He had tears in his eyes while talking about the soldiers dying, etc. I'm not saying he wasn't sincere, but he really has but Kerry in a no-win situation. If violence subsides, Bush is winning, if it escalates, we need him.

If they found a character flaw, like him being gay or having an affair would have a bigger effect. Its ok to screw up on a war, but don't do the intern!

Hollywood just needs to stay out of politics, plain and simple. If people would take what they say on tv for truth and did research themselves, it would be an educated vote and a better system. Me personally, Im not going to vote for Bush or Kerry, I will vote for Ted Nugent. I dont think the right person for the job will run for pres. Nixon was a good president who got caught at the ways things really get done. You have to make deals and meet behind closed doors to get things accomplished. Back to my original point, politics, hollywood, and the general public dont need to mix.

If violence subsides, Bush is winning, if it escalates, we need him.

What a sad state of affairs if you honestly believe that. Bush is a right wing puppet who pleads to the evangenical right and his political doctrine on issues of both foreign and domestic policy have already isolated the American public from the global community to a sad extent. If he is re-elected then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the world's opinion of you and your country. Although I guess that doesn't matter as long as you have a 'strong' leader at the helm.

Please wake up and smell the shit your shovelling.