Hydrogen Peroxide

actually not really. depending on the concentration and volume of your sulfuric and the volume of your peroxide what you'd get is a very, very dilute mixture of a little sulfuric acid, a little hydrogen peroxide and a bit of peroxymonosulfuric acid (pirahna bath). it's not worth it if you use such low conc peroxide

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so basically i'd have to extract that h2o2 from the water...hmm...are there any other safe ways of making such a potent acid? also, why would it be so diluted? i imagine that that addition of h2o would make the acid stronger, feeding off of the additional hydrogen...?

Is hydrogen peroxide an enzyme?

nope, but it's a strong oxidizing agent.

so basically i'd have to extract that h2o2 from the water

in normal water there is no [math]H_2O_2[/math]

such a potent acid will never be any safer than any other potent acid,

addition of h20 to an acid would not make it stronger, even if there is more H

well, the peroxide makes it a strong oxidizer and a little less concentrated (acidically speaking)

yeah, 30% is used in hair dying. i purchased some 40% in a salon store about an hour ago. it's the consistency of shampoo though, sadly.

anybody who has 100% conc of any peroxide is insane. theyre madly powerful oxidizing agents. remember, over 70% and contact with organics and/or metals and/or other reducing agents may blow it all up

yeah, 30% is used in hair dying. i purchased some 40% in a salon store about an hour ago. it's the consistency of shampoo though, sadly.

Yea, I had some of that a while ago. I was disappointed though and gave it to my brother.

Any idea what else is in it?

By the way I have about 5ml of unfreezable H2O2, any idea what purity that is?

why dont you try and blow it up or something' date=' what else can you do with it?

maybe a nice reducing agent will do the trick *evil smile*[/quote']

there`s plenty other things you can do with it if you`re into blowing things up, but lets not go there!

I'd like to know some uses other than "Boom ouch wheres my finger gone".

I know its good for growing hydroponics plants for their roots' date=' lol. (my hobby).

But apart from that I wouldnt know, anyone???[/quote']

if you do hydroponics where do you get your nitric acid from for the use as a ph down

if you do hydroponics where do you get your nitric acid from for the use as a ph down

HUH??? this is the H2O2 thread, not the nitric acid one :)

as for the PH, many of the salts used in Hydroponics are acidic, Super-Phos (calcium Hydrogen Phosphate) for example has a low PH.

in fact a PH of between 6.6 and 7 is preff for quite a few plants (although they need flushing with neutral occasionaly to prevent salt build up).