would an antimatter prism split light into the same light spectrum we see

Magnetic Space Suit

if light is passed through a prism on earth it reveals all the wavelengths/frequency of light that we see as colors. but what would an anti matter prism produce would the colors be inverted or what. just a question thats been bothering me anyone have answers

Edited by Magnetic Space Suit

so even though the positive structure is on the exterior of the atom instead of being on the interior you believe swansot that light would still interact with the antimatter in the exact same way. Because i am skeptical due to the fact that this hasnt been experimented with just contemplated

We have never built a lens out of antimatter, simply because we have never gathered than much antimatter. But we have investigated positrons (the antimatter of electrons) with light and found no difference, and indeed have investigated every type of antimatter we know about with light, and found that they all interact in exactly the same way that matter does. So I think it is pretty certain that a composite object made up from them would also interact in the same way.

you have to think about the mechanical side of things too if you just send light at a positron or any other anti particle particle it will most likely behave the same way. but if you have the entire functioning machine/anti atom or do you believe still that light will still interact in the same way. and here is a question do you believe the color wave spectrum of hydrogen and antihydrogen would both be the same if you passed the corresponding energy through a gas filled light bulb. energy by this i mean positron and electron

like when your in highschool and they show you the atomic spectrum of different gases thats different for each atom

Edited by Magnetic Space Suit

you have to think about the mechanical side of things too if you just send light at a positron or any other anti particle particle it will most likely behave the same way. but if you have the entire functioning machine/anti atom or do you believe still that light will still interact in the same way. and here is a question do you believe the color wave spectrum of hydrogen and antihydrogen would both be the same if you passed the corresponding energy through a gas filled light bulb. energy by this i mean positron and electron

like when your in highschool and they show you the atomic spectrum of different gases thats different for each atom

Yes, absolutely. They would be identical. This has lead some people to consider that some galaxies could be made of antimatter rather than matter. In fact Nasa have an experiment looking for them.