Hey: Question!

æτhεr φ

Hey!

I'm generally interested in learning science. Especially chemistry and astrology. Does anyone on this site have any books or places where I can learn the basics of each. I didn't gain much experience from school as I focused more on english & maths -- Thanks in advance.

I've found wikipedia to be an excellent resource. They have well-written articles, which are particularly well-written in the hard sciences. They also have links to external sources, either as reference or as additional education resources.

I would suggest you study astronomy rather than astrology.

MIT's OpenCourseWare might be a good resource for you as well. In fact, several schools nowadays have podcasts, streaming videos, etc., that are free for the downloading. You might also search Amazon for books related to the subjects you wish to study, and see which ones get the best reviews. Buy those books, read, enjoy.

Good job on deciding to learn science. It will surely be a rewarding experience if you stick to it. :)

Hey!

I'm generally interested in learning science. Especially chemistry and astrology. Does anyone on this site have any books or places where I can learn the basics of each. I didn't gain much experience from school as I focused more on english & maths -- Thanks in advance.

Astrology is a science? :blink:

I thought that Molecules That Change the World was good...it took me forever to finish it though. And it has been a while since I read it.

Hey!

I hope this is a typo. You do realize that astrology isn't science, right?