Why The Anger?

rigney

I'm quite sorry, rigney, but with due respect, if you're done with the debate, you're free to leave it. You might have started it, but you're not the only one participating.

There are others here who might still care to continue it. Call it quits or not, calling me 'girl' and ydoaPs a rear-end is not quite doing justice to your claim that you're not condescending (and it's not much for politeness either). Thank you for your contribution. Now let others continue if you don't want to.

"Girl", to me is an old and affectionate way of addressing a young lady. I'm sorry to have given you the impression of something demeaning or condescending in my reply. ydoaPs on the other hand, while seemingly very intelligent, revels in the idea of being quasi-nasty. And no, my remarks wasn't intended to mean that I would abandon the post. I just can't imagine how long people can put up with the drivel of someone with such a wishy-washy stand? And the statement is not to be imbued as melodrama, but fact. My problem is that I'm caught between two suspecting "truths", neither of which know what the hell is going on? It takes a lot of faith to put your trust in either camp. Why the anger? That precept likely applies to me, as much or more than anyone.

:D

I do? Thanks for informing me.

All I'm saying Lad is that; you can't get a free drink in here 'less you sweep out, mop up, or sumpthin?? Just don't keep running in the front door with a bad assed bear at your heels, screaming for someone to skin it out while you close the back door hunting for another. Ain't fair!

Edited by rigney

All I'm saying Lad is that; you can't get a free drink in here 'less you sweep out, mop up, or sumpthin?? Just don't keep running in the front door with a bad assed bear at your heels, screaming for someone to skin it out while you close the back door hunting for another. Ain't fair!

I have no clue what you just said.

You too are shifting the goal posts. Did anyone here say that religious beliefs should be taught at public school (other than in history or social studies)? Did anyone here say that we are only Christians may be elected officials? If they did, I must have missed them.

I guess I got lost in the thread. The analogy portion of my post was meant as a response to you, while the rest was related to anger towards religion in general. While the op was in regards to this site, the original poster in #102 has revealed his idea of anger. I think the original goal post is in question, since there was no anger. Maybe the question should be, why do people see anger in responses to religious questions, when there is none?

Are you sure? I've always taken his comments as at times cheeky, or with some light humor, but not nasty, quasi or otherwise.

C'mon guys!, I didn't open this can of worms to find our who was the best fisherman; only to see who could drink the most beer? Damn!

Edited by rigney

C'mon guys!, I didn't open this can of worms to find our who was the best fisherman; only to see who could drink the most beer? Damn!

What is I don't even. Did I miss a memo?

There was a topic here not long ago that had something to do with the OP if I recall, how did we get onto beer and fishing? Sounds like a derailment to me - why not post a beer drinking thread in the lounge?

What is I don't even. Did I miss a memo?

There was a topic here not long ago that had something to do with the OP if I recall, how did we get onto beer and fishing? Sounds like a derailment to me - why not post a beer drinking thread in the lounge?

Hadn't thought of it quite like that, 'til you brought it up. But don't be too provocative or discerning, loosen up! You don't wanna a fat lip every time you go into the ring, especially if only two or three seconds have ticked off the clock. Even Jesus didn't expect such miracles. Give it a break. Being religous has its nuance(s) and can be a bitch. Being what I am, gives me the edge at this moment. No! I'm not the devil in disguise, just someone saying; get your head out of your backside and enjoy a little bit of life!

Edited by rigney

Now that is just irresponsible.

OK!, I'm at your disposal; but why does my statement account for me being irresponsibile? Please, don't start a soft shoe shuffle on me like ydoaPs tries.

Edited by rigney

OK!, I'm at your disposal; but why does my statement account for me being irresponsibile? Please, don't start a soft shoe shuffle on me like ydoaPs tries.

We are not here to "enjoy life" - we have much more important things to do. If everyone started "enjoying" their lives, just imagine the chaos!

We are not here to "enjoy life" - we have much more important things to do. If everyone started "enjoying" their lives, just imagine the chaos!

I suppose being a red neck Hill Billy has its advantages. I'll be seventy eight years young in December, made a descent living for better than sixty of those, and honestly; never had a job I didn't like. Some perhaps better than otheres, but none that I couldn't abide. Raised seven children. (well mostly the wife did). Camped, fished, hunted, boated and done just about everything we wanted to do. Enjoy? Heck!, I've never had time enough to sit around thinking about being sad. You may even be right with your philosophy. Me,? I just want to hang around and hit some good, clean five and seven irons over the next few years. My putting stinks.

Edited by rigney

!

Moderator Note

Thread core has been breached causing a fatal drop in interest level. Containment required or the core will be shut down.

You are absolutely right. As Larry the Cable guy says: "GET 'ER DONE"!