Strange forum behaviour

Lately I have been finding the forum is behaving strangely. I am missing the names on the tops of people's posts and the avatars are in a funny place. Any idea what is wrong?

Edit: Hmm - seems to be a problem with "SFN" style setting since "--SFN Blue" works fine.

post-643-075910100 1281100805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Severian

Hmm, well I'm still having that issue Severian complained about. But it appears to be because the names are actually the same color as the background in that spot - white. If you highlight where the name is supposed to be, it appears. Kind of like reverse spoiler tags.

But, just to thicken the plot, it only does this here at work. At home last night, I saw everyone's screen names - and I believe they were in the "blue" strip partition at the top of a given post. While here at work, the names are just below that blue strip, in white, on the white background.

It also appears everything is centered, as if I'm using a widescreen monitor - space out to each side, with the post content almost like a wide column down the middle.

FYI. It's not that much of a bother.

What has happened to the date the thread was first posted? I like to know if I'm answering a zombie thread from 5 years ago. Do i need to change the back ground color to see everything?

Screen shot 2010-08-12 at 1.47.45 PM.png

That's what I see. If you see anything else, describe it (or take a screenshot) and I'll try to fix it.

I don't get the date the time or the post number so I don't know which post is post #6, I use SFN but when I switch to SFN Blue it doesn't seem to make a difference. Under my avatar is nothing, no post number no post date in the header and I am using internet explorer..... Under your avatar is Mr. wizard in severians post not in mine...

Ok. Could you go to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and copy/paste the user-agent it gives you here. It's the part that looks like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8

Once I have it, I'll be able to test on whatever computer I have that's closest to yours, and nail down the problem.

The "view new content" is behaving strangely. I switched from "give me all new content since I was here last" to "show all unread content" because I was missing out if I could only browse for a few minutes — I would lose the new content that I didn't have a chance to read. Now it seems to be reverting to only showing new content since my last visit, even though my settings have not changed. I really miss the old "last 24 hours" option.

Also, the login timeout on the blogs is still a problem. Even if the forum is open in a tab, I get logged out after ~5 minutes and have to refresh the forum page to save or edit my blog posts. The forum logs me in automatically, so is it possible the blogs aren't accessing the same cookies?

There is also "Today's active content" on the front page.

I'll check on the blogs. I'm going to be out of town today, but perhaps tomorrow I'll get around to things.

Also, at what point did your View New Content break? I had temporarily switched to a different search system to see if it was better on Friday evening, but reverted Saturday because it broke View New Content for me.

Also, at what point did your View New Content break? I had temporarily switched to a different search system to see if it was better on Friday evening, but reverted Saturday because it broke View New Content for me.

I got a "no new content" message on Saturday morning, which was obviously incorrect, and I think that's also when the resets began.

Ah. Yes, that should be back to normal now that I've switched back. I'm not sure if I set up searching incorrectly or if the software has a bug. I'll have to experiment.

Have you been able to get posts from the last 24 hours or so correctly, or is it still messing up?

It seems to be working now. It didn't reset the clock from this morning.

It appears like the force refresh fixed the problem thanks. :)

If you still wanna know:

Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 AskTbBT5/3.8.0.12304 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)