The Wedjat Eye of Horus

gentleman-farmer

The Wedjat Eye of Horus is not a lineage of the Eye of Horus - nor was it Egyptian. If you add the fractions, they add up to 63/64.

This has an been an enigma for thousands of years. We see the first instance of this unique pre-pyramid age Icon on p 14 of Gay Robins & Charles Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus ISBN 0 7141 0944 4

The why of the missing 1/64 can be solved - as a friend and I solved it years ago

iwedjat.jpg

Edited by gentleman-farmer

This is the way it is – all the respondents on my Eye of Horus and celestial grid posts professed to know more than Dr. R. O Faulkner, author of the Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts - So tiring of the constant Internet superiority gig by folk here that never read the book, I decided to post something that isn't on the Internet. If they can solve it than good for them

Perhaps, on the other hand, it will draw some professionals and we can have a decent Internet free, accusation free, conversation about a real mystery that has a real solution

gf

/

This is the way it is – all the respondents on my Eye of Horus and celestial grid posts professed to know more than Dr. R. O Faulkner, author of the Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts - So tiring of the constant Internet superiority gig by folk here that never read the book, I decided to post something that isn't on the Internet. If they can solve it than good for them

Perhaps, on the other hand, it will draw some professionals and we can have a decent Internet free, accusation free, conversation about a real mystery that has a real solution

gf

/

Umm, its gonna be really hard to have an internet free discussion on an internet forum. B)

SFN is a discussion forum. You need to have a topic to discuss, which is really hard when you make a claim to have some secret solution to a problem, but are unwilling to show it. Instead choosing to talk about how you want a good conversation.

DJBruce

SFN is a discussion forum. You need to have a topic to discuss, which is really hard when you make a claim to have some secret solution to a problem, but are unwilling to show it. Instead choosing to talk about how you want a good conversation.

gf) Think of it this way -- If you'd had anything constructive to say - you've had two chances to say it

iwedjat.jpg

DJBruce

gf) Think of it this way -- If you'd had anything constructive to say - you've had two chances to say it

I am simply asking you to show us your solution to this mystery. I do not have any expertise in this field, and do not claim to. However, I would be interested in looking over you solution, and seeing if I could make sense of it.

DJBruce

!

Moderator Note

And you've had more than two.

Rule 2.8: Preaching and "soap-boxing" (making topics or posts without inviting, or even rejecting, open discussion) are not allowed. This is a discussion forum, not your personal lecture hall. Discuss points, don't just repeat them.

You have been refusing discussion. If what you want is to just lecture, go start a blog.

And I'll throw in rule 2.1: Be civil.

You are running afoul of both of these.

Do not construe this message as an invitation to discuss the matter in this thread

Let me understand this correctly - you want me to solve a 5000 year old mystery for you because you ask - while you give nothing?

All anyone has to do is start solving it. Until I told you - you didn't even know it had a solution, you didn't know it had a parallel in an ancient text, you didn't know it wasn't Egyptian.

All anyone has done is demand that they be given something for nothing - and to give it to them before others have had a chance to think on it

I even told you what book and on which page it could be found (p 14 of Gay Robins & Charles Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus ISBN 0 7141 0944 4)

iwedjat.jpg

gf

/

The Wedjat Eye of Horus is not a lineage of the Eye of Horus - nor was it Egyptian. If you add the fractions, they add up to 63/64.

This has an been an enigma for thousands of years. We see the first instance of this unique pre-pyramid age Icon on p 14 of Gay Robins & Charles Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus ISBN 0 7141 0944 4

The why of the missing 1/64 can be solved - as a friend and I solved it years ago

Let me understand this correctly - you want me to solve a 5000 year old mystery for you because you ask - while you give nothing?

All anyone has to do is start solving it. Until I told you - you didn't even know it had a solution, you didn't know it had a parallel in an ancient text, you didn't know it wasn't Egyptian.

All anyone has done is demand that they be given something for nothing - and to give it to them before others have had a chance to think on it

I even told you what book and on which page it could be found (p 14 of Gay Robins & Charles Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus ISBN 0 7141 0944 4)

gf

/

No I do not want you to solve a 5000 year old mystery I have asked you to post the solution you claimed to have had for a few years. If you post saying you have a solution to some remarkable problem that has never been solved, people are not going to sit there and say let me solve it as well they will wanna look at the solution you claim to have. What you are doing is like me posting saying I've proven the Riemann Hypothesis, but I won't show you my proof until you prove it first. You can expect people to do it.

I am sorry but you never told us were the answer could be found. You stated and I quote, " We see the first instance of this unique pre-pyramid age Icon on p 14 of Gay Robins & Charles Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus ISBN 0 7141 0944 4" No mention of the existence of a solutution in the book.

As an aside is there an online version of that book? I do not own it, and do not feel like spending the money to buy it, and my local library does not carry a copy. So is it available online?

Klaynos

Where do the numbers come from? Sorry I might have missed that point...

gf) The glyphs are the symbol for the fraction that is displayed. By example, the circle in the center is the glyph for the fraction 1/4. The icon as a whole represents a process The process depicts planetary accretion

You might respond negatively to that suggestion - but that is what it is - believe otherwise and it'll remain a mystery for another 1000 years

Klaynos

I'll assume that those are the normally interpretation for those glyphs?

gf) Yes that is correct

Klaynos

I will just ask what your evidence is?

gf) I don't understand your question! Are you asking about evidence relating to the symbols and fractions? Or about planetary accretion?

Jupiter and The Eye of Horus is also about planetary accretion, but the thread got so entangled with other stuff that it never really developed. In my opening statement I wrote that

The Wedjat Eye of Horus is not a lineage of the Eye of Horus

I wrote that (even tho they are both about planetary accretion) because the Eye of Horus is Egyptian while the Wedjat Eye is not

Here is a website that correctly identifies the fraction with the glyph, but I cannot confirm the association with the Pyramid Texts that is suggested thereon

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi/noframes/read/165246

In Robins & Shute's The Rhind Mathematical Papyrus (p 14) they state that the progression is represented by the equation

S = 1/2[1-(1/2)^6]/(1 - 1/2)

Where S = the first term

I don't agree with that because it does not agree with the statements in the defining ancient text, nor does it clearly define the missing 1/64!

Another progression would follow this equation S = 1/(2)^n where n = 1 to 6, by example when n = 6, S = 1/64

I don't agree with that either because the equation does not clearly define the missing 1/64

Robins & Shute state (p 15) The Egyptians would have been able to sum the series to 6 terms

I agree w/ that

gf

/

Oh Dear Lord.

There is no missing 1/64. The early version of the mathematical system was based on the idea that each fraction was 1/2 the size of the one above. They stopped at 1/64 because the next one was 1/128 and as the system was more important for practicality rather than accuracy ans the standard of measure was a piece of knotted string there was no real point in going to the next step.

The 1/128 was added later for some time but was then pretty much superceded by the easier to measure but harder to write system of added fractions. This gave answers like 10+1/4+1/11+1/28. Messy but easier to measure.

To ask where the 1/64 has gone is the same as asking where the extra area in a circle came from. Since the Egyptians used A = ( 8d/9 )2 their Pi was 3.16049 and so the area of their circles was greater than the area of circles now.

Perhaps g-f could next bend his phenomenal intellect to the problem of why circles have got smaller in the last 5,000 years.

For those interested a short article on Egyptian maths and fractions is here. (Small pdf)

because the Eye of Horus is Egyptian while the Wedjat Eye is not

I'll let the complete idiocy of this statement speak for itself.

Edited by JohnB