Our Nation's Education

George W. Bush

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks. Teachers are forced to teach to the stupidest kids in the class. While it helps them, it stifles the top students. Your "No Child Left Behind" crap is pandering to the blue collar world of ignorance to garner support for the governments continuing policy of devoting all its resources to the people whose intelligence lacks the facilities to stop making excuses for their own shortcomings and blaming the system.

Mr. President, you need to get rid of the self righteous pig headed governor of California, Grey Davis. He keeps making budget cuts and kids are feeling the crap of it. Bill Simon should've won, especially since you wanted him to win. He would've changed CA for the better.

First of all, Bush should asking this question. I used to live in a suburb north of Chicago and the schools there were difficult like a mother. Here in Florida (were I live now), the schools are a joke. You got the private schools were parents pay to have their stupid ass kid pass. Then you have the public schools were kids don't bother going to class. Along with the rap music and the image of thugness, it's a toliet bowl of shit; down in florida.

I suggest that teachers should become more strict with late assignments and they should test the kids. Give them alot of work, see if they do it. If a third of the class gets it done, but only a handful of student can't finish; it's not too much. The students that couldn't get the work done are ethier not mature enough to understand it has to get done or they don't have veyr good orginization skills. If you hold the children back who need it, eventually; it will become clear in their heads.

I also think that holding a child back a grade shouldn't be looked at as so bad anymore. Some kids need more time. The idea of holding someone back today is a negitive impression. This negitive impression is also seen by the children in his or her "grade". "We are all the same age, so why isn't this kid as smart as us". This creates separation and the youngsters don't understand. They look at the person as someone lower then them.

I remember the good old days. Second grade and you have a twelve year old in your class. Those were the days.

Originally posted by fafalone

It sucks. Teachers are forced to teach to the stupidest kids in the class. While it helps them, it stifles the top students.

I agree. The top students eventually get bored of doing easy work and then simply stop doing it. Which results in bad grades, trouble and pointless crap. A few lucky students will get enrichment in which they are given numerous logic puzzles. That turnout to be easy question but take a long time because of all the calculations.

This method is commonly used by schools who cannot or are too lazy to give each and every student a proper education.

Originally posted by fafalone

I keep myself going by arguing with teachers. If you demonstrate that you're light years ahead of the class, they'll give you an A whether or not you do the work. Still gotta take the exams, which are easy enough.

Still, there are some ignorent teachers who will simply respond: If the work is so easy why is'nt done? And when it's done it should be perfect! And the student replies But I already learnt the alphabet. (there was a little exageration there)

Guest lilbabynushi

There's no discipline in school.Kids use profane language and abuse the teachers, they wear obscene outfits to school and are rude to people who actually study and have goals.Also racism is high in these schools.In Stamford,Connecticut...schools suck!!!

I am a very serious student with all honor classes and i know what kids say..they know me as a smart girl who they can USE to get smashing top grades.The make fun of me because i study and work hard and have everything on my fingertips.Do u understand how very depressing that is ,Mr.President????

You gotta do something about racism too.People prefer to hang with their own sorts ..color-wise and they make fun of others.Some African Americans call each other 'niggers' and whites look down upon them.I'm from India.AND I KNOW WHAT RACISM IS HERE.

Like i got this cool role in a Shakespeare play .I was understudy.The primary idiot never showed up for any practice until a week before the show.She didn't know her lines and is a crappy actor.Many believe so.Well, i spoke to the director and i was refused to be moved up .On the other hand..a supercool role..where two girls had the exact same problem ...the understudy got the primary even thought the primary was a million times better.I WANT JUSTICE,OKAY????????