BioHack

mwalker

Greetings,

Having just graduated from college, I have had this summer off before I start grad school. I decided to create a video game inspired by concepts from my research in metabolic engineering. The game's target demographic is rather small, so I'd like to share it with you here on science forums where people might be enthusiastic about these kinds of things.

The game is called BioHack. It's a bioengineering simulation/puzzle game where you have to design regulators to enhance metabolic pathways. It uses an enzyme kinetics simulator, so it's based on real science and would be an excellent want to gain an intuitive feel for biochemical kinetics, which can be a difficult topic to understand. I have always found metabolic pathways and regulation mechanisms interesting, and I believe the game portrays the elegance of these systems very well. For those who don't know any chemistry or biology, there is a tutorial and help section to teach about what's going on.

I'm planning to release the game in August, but I have just put out a

and created a Facebook group, so be sure to check those out!

Thanks for your interest!

-Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the game has been released on the Xbox. I have received very positive reviews from the XNA community so far. You can purchase it on your Xbox360 or via this link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585505ee/?bt=0&sb=1&mt=32&gu=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802585505ee&p=1&of=0

Enjoy!

-Mark

• 1 month later...