vortex pulse laser question

Mg2+V^h2o

I am working on a theory to use magnesium in a vacuum to increase the particle speed of a pulse laser. My equation does not confirm that a vortex is stable in a vacuum. My thoughts are that the laser will collectively stabilize the loose partials to focus them at the pinical of the vortex. Has anyone done any work with this. This is just theory at present and I am trying to prove the equation before I set up the lab test.

Here is where I am at (w_b>>w_r)+Mg2=YBa2Cu3O7-δ

Are you referring to Mg2 as the problem?

My theory is that the nitride particles can be excited enough to accelerate. My real problem is the effect of the vacuum on the nitride particles and there response to being in a vacuum. I was also working out what magnetic field I could place around the vortex to stabilize their acceleration in a direction with the laser.

I may be way off here.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic case of the equations not meeting the users expectation. I am in the process of redefining some core parameters and will post a segmented equation with details in a while.

I don’t want to give too much away in my initial findings, but the nitride particles would be focused within the vortex and then directed by the laser into a small beam.

Optoelectronics is not my field, but this idea has been irritating me for a while. Mg would be a type of nano catalyst if I could get it to add more O2 molecules.

Classic case of the equations not meeting the users expectation. I am in the process of redefining some core parameters and will post a segmented equation with details in a while.

I don’t want to give too much away in my initial findings, but the nitride particles would be focused within the vortex and then directed by the laser into a small beam.

Optoelectronics is not my field, but this idea has been irritating me for a while. Mg would be a type of nano catalyst if I could get it to add more O2 molecules.

nothing you said there makes any sense if you know even basic chemistry. especially if you take it in the context of the "equation" given in the first post.

you're phrasing sounds like you're trying to imitate startrek. i'm just waiting for you to reverse the polarity of the thrust inverters.

• 2 weeks later...

since you "don't want to give too much away", I'm grasping at straws here so help me out with this if i've got it confused at all. From what I can tell, YBa2Cu3O7 sounds like a crystal that you want to focus a laser beam through. However, since you referance a vaccum, I'm assuming you're trying to pass the photons through some kind of amorphous solid where the atoms of the material are somewhat dispersed in the vacuum. Then it seems you want to create a vortex in this substance using magnets in order to "accelerate the particle speed of the laser".

Ok hold on here cowboy. The particles that make up light are photons, so are you trying to increase their group velocity? In other words, are you trying to do the opposite of this?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_light

Doing so would be equivalent to increasing the speed of pulses in a pulse laser. Slow light experiments usually pass lasers through Bose-Einstein Condensates made of element x, where the group velocity comes to a stop in the middle of the BEC cloud so that a matter wave made of element x comes out of the BEC with the same direction, frequency, amplitude, etc.

the first thing is that if your equations (I don't know if they're wrong or not, you haven't shared) show that a vortex is unstable in a vaccum then that seems correct - in theory the vortex would be composed of virtual self-annihilating vacuum particles where the energy carried by the vortex would cancel out, and so wouldn't really be a vortex, would it? Furthermore, a vortex in space-time would simply be a twistor in the continnum and thus be a gravitational field or a gravitational potential. If the "vortex" were powerful enough then I'm sure the metric tensor would be that of a shwartzchild black hole since the field is otherwise empty...also not strictly a vortex, is it?

If on the other hand you are attempting to use a magnet to make a vortex out of this substance "YBa2Cu3O7" (whihc i read as Yittrium 2Barium 3Copper 7Oxygen), then that entirely depends on weather this chemical is able to be magnetized or not when it is in a state where it can be swirled (such as a gas or liquid or something, perhaps a plasma). "YBa2Cu3O7" looks like a cuperate superconducting crystal to me. It would then indeed be an interesting experiment to see if this superconductor was able to remain a superconductor in different states of matter. But if it is anything like a normal cuperate superconductor, then the answer is No, it will only work for electron-transition, solid, or possibly below (quantum gas).

The last thing is, you cannot alter the speed or direction of a laser beam using only a magnetic field. Exposing a laser to a magnetic field will change it's polarization only:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_effect

hence if you wanted to alter the vector of the pulses you would have to pass it through another material (like the chemical you mentioned) and refract it that way.

I have no idea how to help with the raw theory of it because I don't know that much chemistry and you also have not shown us your work. But I hope that what I've said so far is helpful.

Edited by Cropduster23