The first instance of heliacal rising and celestial grids

gentleman-farmer

you do realise that the corn could be harvested BEFORE the floodwaters came (when to harvest was THE reason our ancestors started watching the skies) and then, get this for a radical idea, WAIT until the floods have passed before planting the new crop on the rich, fertile deposits of silt left behind.

you know, like the history books record from ancient egyptian writings.

i don't know why you called the annual flood a myth because the evidence is clearly there if you go to the nile and dig.

or you know, ask anybody who lived near the nile before that ancient year of 1970 when it was stopped by the construction of the aswan dam

EDIT: ahh john knew more than i did. ignore me, listen to him.

Edited by insane_alien

"Corn" as in maize is native to the Western Hemisphere only. There was no maize in Europe, Africa, Asia, or the Middle East before Columbus. The ancient Egyptians did not grow maize. "Corn" is also a generic term for cereal crops, however, including wheat.

The Egyptians would not flood their crops. The reason the flood was important was because it left behind extremely fertile soil when the waters receded. This is ridiculously well documented.

I'm basing my replies on your lack of knowledge on everything I've seen your write so far. You are aware that knowledge moves forward? We know for example that newtonian gravity is wrong, and none of the people you quoted were always correct in what they said, and also physics is quite different from translating a dead language, there is no testing against reality that can be done as the reality is dead.

!

Moderator Note

Don't just repeat yourself.

Sisyphus

"Corn" as in maize is native to the Western Hemisphere only. There was no maize in Europe, Africa, Asia, or the Middle East before Columbus. "Corn" is also a generic term for cereal crops, however.

gf) Not true - and there was no confusion with other cereal crops -- corn is mentioned five (5) times in the Book of the Dead, twice in the Pyramid Texts and the cereal crops emmer (a form of wheat; 12 times), barley (20 times), are all mentioned specifically -

The Columbus notion is pure myth (do you people ever research your comments before posting them?)

transporting_the_grain.jpg

CAPTION

In Upper Egypt donkeys were sometimes used to transport the corn to the threshing floor, but mostly it was carried by two men in a sack, fastened to a wooden frame and connected to five metre long carrying poles.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/timelines/topics/harvesting_grain.htm

gf

JohnB without researching his response wrote ::

JohnB says You don't "reap" corn, you reap grains like wheat or barley. The particular tool used for reaping grain is one of the earliest known, the "Reaping Hook".

gf) Bad guess JohnB -- Reap simply means to harvest -- I farmed corn and hay for over 20 years - and we reaped corn that whole time

So have these people

In reaping, the left hand grasps a handful of the standing corn and the tool cuts it with a sharp, dragging action. In fagging, the left hand holds a light stick or a small handful of stiff-strawed corn, and with it bends back the stems to be out. The tool is used with a slashing action.

5a.jpg

CAPTION

My reaping-hook — rip-hook it was always called — is the third from the top in the picture; the two above it are older ones that have seen more wear.

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/work/2.html

Also Emmer wheat (Triticum dicoccum), also known as farro especially in Italy, is a low yielding, awned wheat. It was one of the first crops domesticated in the Near East. It was widely cultivated in the ancient world, but is now a relict crop in mountainous regions of Europe and Asia.

Bad guess JohnB And please observe the tool in the reapers hand in this image

transporting_the_grain.jpg

PART 1 1/2 of 3

These passages tell us how the lines of the grid (called reed-floats) were set in the sky

The reed-floats of the sky are set down for Re by the Day-bark. That Re may cross on them to Harakhti at the horizon. The reed-floats of the sky are set down for Harakhti by the Night-bark

DEFINITIONS:

.. ascend with Isis, rise with the Day-bark

I have come to you, O Nephthys; I have come to you, O Night-bark

PART 1 1/2 of 3

Here we'll see how the reed floats were taken up to the sky

The reed-floats of the sky are set down for Re by the Day-bark. That Re may cross on them to Harakhti at the horizon. The reed-floats of the sky are set down for Harakhti by the Night-bark

DEFINITIONS:

Insane_alien

you ignored my point about the corn mention in your link being emmer wheat.

gf) Insane_alien it might be a very good idea if you read for understanding - and not to find a launch pad for something you know nothing about - it'd be easier for you to identify typos that way!

Read the quote carefully - you'll note that corn as a type of emmer was a typo- they very clearly state later that they are speaking of wheat

[/b]Emmer, the first kind of corn widely grown in Egypt, was more difficult to dehusk than later domesticated wheat varieties.

PART 1 1/2 of 3

Here we'll see how the reed floats were taken up to the sky

DEFINITIONS:

gf

Edited by gentleman-farmer

Insane-alien You are just plain wrong. You should learn to recognize a typo

Here is what I wrote in my post 30 ... emmer (a form of wheat

there was no confusion with other cereal crops -- corn is mentioned five (5) times in the Book of the Dead, twice in the Pyramid Texts and the cereal crops emmer (a form of wheat; 12 times), barley (20 times), are all mentioned specifically -

Here is the Internet TYPO that makes no sense

Emmer, the first kind of corn widely grown in Egypt, was more difficult to dehusk than later domesticated wheat varieties.

Here is the corrected Internet typo

Emmer, the first kind of wheat widely grown in Egypt, was more difficult to dehusk than later domesticated wheat varieties.

!

Moderator Note

gf, repeating claims people already answered is not part of a conducive debate. You were asked bfore and here again - people take the time to answer and explain, please show them the respect they show you and don't lecture.

Insane-alien

you do realise that wheat and barley are reffered to as corns in well

gf) wheat and barley are referred to as corn?

By who?

mooeypoo

repeating claims people already answered is not part of a conducive debate

gf) You keep making mis-takes mooeypoo - I repeated my statement from my post 30 because Insane_alien had mis-read it

Insane-alien

By who?

a large portion of the world. within a 5 mile radius of my house i can find 10 farmers who'll back me up on that they reffer to their cereal crop in general as 'corns' despite them being either wheat or barley. its common practice and probably is in israel too which is where that site is from.

the united states of america is not the whole world. and you guys do a lot of things backwards in the view of the rest of the world. the ENTIRE rest of the world. like imperial units.

Insane-alien

By who?

It's British English. "Corn" only means maize in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.

I'll repeat myself from earlier. Maize is native to the Western Hemisphere only. That is a fact.

...and I still don't know what this thread is supposed to be about, honestly.

sisyphus

It's British English. "Corn" only means maize in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.

gf) Dr. R. O. Faulkner was the leading modern British authority on the progressive stages of funerary texts and it's in his books that we find the word corn, he clearly distinguishes it from emmer (a wheat) and barley -- and it‘s on the ancient Egyptian murals that we see it reaped (i.e., harvested)

The Internet error between emmer and corn was clearly a typo

sisyphus

I still don't know what this thread is supposed to be about, honestly.

gf) I've quoted Dr. R. O. Faulkner's Pyramid Texts to demonstrate that the first instance of heliacal rising and celestial grids was made over 5000 years ago and that their structuring of it is no different than that of today - the language is different but so too is it between British and American English

ah so the rest of the world is wrong and you're right. yeah... that makes total sense.

now explain how we haven't found any remenants of maize in ancient egyptian sites, we've found evidence of many cereal crops, but not maize.

and why did maize miraculously disappear from africa, europe and asia for several millenia before being reintroduced from the american continents?

or is the entire world wrong on that too and its just that nobody noticed that they were cultivating this crop for a few millenia?

Edited by insane_alien