Atom (Minimum Posts: 200)

Molecule (Minimum Posts: 400)

Protist (Minimum Posts: 750)

Organism (Minimum Posts: 1000)

Primate (Minimum Posts: 1500)

Scientist (Minimum Posts: 3000)

Genius (Minimum Posts: 5000)

From this old thread: User Titles

But we seem to be allowed to put in our own custom titles now with the new SFN, in Profile under Member Title.

The old user title ladder structure:

Lepton (Minimum Posts: 0)

Quark (Minimum Posts: 10)

Meson (Minimum Posts: 50)

Baryon (Minimum Posts: 100)...

From this old thread: User Titles

But we seem to be allowed to put in our own custom titles now with the new SFN, in Profile under Member Title.

*gives Spyman compensation*

That's excellent. I can actually put in a decent title now.

I can't seem to find this, although I'm no longer Snail anymore. My new username has nothing to do with 'The League of Gentleman', if anyone asks or cares.

post-1269-025422200 1280066461_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Which way does the current members ranking works ? Any link to forum rules about it, please ?

If not functioning, why not deleting such username titles ?

If functional; what is the scale ?

Thanks.

Edited by Externet

• 1 month later...

The rank list shown in the Admin settings currently looks like this:

Lepton 0 Quark 10 Meson 50 Baryon 100 Atom 200 Molecule 400 Protist 750 Organism 1000 Primate 1500 Scientist 3000 Genius 5000 SuperNerd 10000 Postcount Hacker 65535

Certain member groups have the permissions to change this to a custom rank.

When you reach the number of posts for the next level, your rank might not change straight away. This is because the forum software carries out some tasks as scheduled batch operations.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do some users seem to have mismatching post counts and ranking? For example there is a quark with over a 1000 posts. This type of thing seems fairly common. Just wondering.

And it always seems to be a lower rank than the post count would suggest.

Edited by pears

Why do some users seem to have mismatching post counts and ranking? For example there is a quark with over a 1000 posts. This type of thing seems fairly common. Just wondering.

And it always seems to be a lower rank than the post count would suggest.

I don't think posts in the Lounge count toward the rank. We had to do that to keep spammers from posting "LOL, good post!" in the Lounge to gain eligibility to post links and stuff.

But - if such posts don't count towards post count that doesn't explain the discrepancy. I thought you meant rank and count could get out of sync.

What I see regularly is leptons and quarks etc with really high post counts confused.gif

It's not just me that sees them is it? ohmy.png

Edited by pears

If you make 1000 posts and 951 of them are in the areas that don't count towards a science title, you only have 49 posts, making you a Quark.

That's my explanation but if you say it's a regular thing then I'm probably wrong. People with 1000 posts should have more of them in the science sections.