Real-life "fire arrows"

MDJH

Named for the arrows from the video game Ocarina of Time, I've imagined a potential means of using arrows to ignite targets from a distance in real life... I'm guessing that someone's thought of this before though.

Basically, the idea would involve a burning torch, a gasoline-soaked arrow, and a target, within the same path of estimated trajectory (which should in theory be a parabola, and I'm guessing can even be approximated as a line for fast enough arrows travelling along short and/or horizontal enough paths) such that the arrow, soaked in gasoline, would be shot, from a safe distance, through the torch, setting fire such that it does not leave a sufficient vapor trail to ignite the person firing the arrow, and travelling along the trajectory to its supposed target. (Such as a hydrogen-filled balloon.)

Is this realistic?

Well, I already mentioned that I had guessed my idea wasn't so new...

Thousands of years old, in this case. I know the feeling though, I've rediscovered several bits of physics only to learn that someone had already thought of it.

Oh, and we also have incendiary bullets and bombs, the modern version of the fire arrow.