Makes me wonder?

rigney

I'm probably one of the most devout agnostics you'll ever run across. But even I wonder at times, did I stump my toe? Do I honestly understand what's going on around us? Am I really so smart as not to acknowledge there may be a GOD? Take a look at this short video and ask yourself, is evolution all that there is?

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=bb31a5d87b3b44397869&sp=1

Edited by rigney

Wow! Pretty pictures AND a song... I mean... just... wow... you're right... I can't believe I've wasted all these years bothering to THINK about anything, when all I really had to do was let emotional imagery circumvent my intellect and lead me to the irrefutable reality of Our Lord and Father In Heaven God Almighty via feelings! :wub: I'm gonna start applying this to everything in life! Starting with healthy well-rounded meal of McDonald's McNuggets! They too have snappy imagery and catchy jingles that my sinful brain has been ignoring out've anti-emotivistic denialism! :angry: Thank you rigney, for opening my eyes to the light! I'm gonna burn all my Dawkins RIGHT NOW :)

Edited by AzurePhoenix

Wow! Pretty pictures AND a song... I mean... just... wow... you're right... I can't believe I've wasted all these years bothering to THINK about anything, when all I really had to do was let emotional imagery circumvent my intellect and lead me to the irrefutable reality of Our Lord and Father In Heaven God Almighty via feelings! :wub: I'm gonna start applying this to everything in life! Starting with healthy well-rounded meal of McDonald's McNuggets! They too have snappy imagery and catchy jingles that my sinful brain has been ignoring out've anti-emotivistic denialism! :angry: Thank you rigney, for opening my eyes to the light! I'm gonna burn all my Dawkins RIGHT NOW :)

Good gosh guy, never thought you would find it so profound. Burn your bra, your draft card and even your boyfriend's pictures; but not your "DAWKINS". Gee Whiz, I'm sorry!

Which? And based on?

(Maybe I'm coming off as priggish, but this is a science forum. The evaluatory mocking of baseless assertions and logical fallacies is pretty much mandatory.)

I saw you having a bit of fun, and thought I'd do a little jabbing myself. An intelligent and astute scientist doesn't take anything as baseless. Each time someone thinks they have all of the answers, something comes up to change the game plan. I hope you go on to accomplish your wildest aspirations and perhaps the guys at Cern may need you before they finally get it all sorted out. But seriously, why is this religious thing on the forum at all, if it is so inconsequential?

Edited by rigney

Which? And based on?

(Maybe I'm coming off as priggish, but this is a science forum. The evaluatory mocking of baseless assertions and logical fallacies is pretty much mandatory.)

God, As in "The Creator". This is a Religion section, It's a question science can't answer. It doesn't agree with Occam's razor so there's no point me arguing or trying to prove it, especially when I'm up against science. I could prove it if I liked, but it wouldn't be scientific, and it would be frowned upon by the mods and some of the members.

God, As in "The Creator". This is a Religion section, It's a question science can't answer.

Erroneous. There's no reason to suggest that science can't answer it. What's that based on? How do you arrive at that conclusion? Labeling something religious or spiritual or supernatural does NOT render it impervious to reasoning or empirical examination like some sort've magic cloak.

Not to mention, your label of god is meaningless. What specifically did it create? how? what's it's nature? Is is deistic, pantheistic, panentheistic, is it an anthropomorphic conscious entity like yahweh or is it like the transcendent source of all being like Brahman? Or maybe just advanced but perfectly organic, worldly aliens from before earth-life like in Raelism? Just saying god without context is a shrug of ignorance.

It doesn't agree with Occam's razor so there's no point me arguing or trying to prove it, especially when I'm up against science. I could prove it if I liked, but it wouldn't be scientific, and it would be frowned upon by the mods and some of the members.

by what means would you disprove it then? what's this alternative methodology of yours? If you could really prove or disprove anything, it'd be happily regarded.

I don't believe the universe is expanding, and I believe we exist as opposites between opposites. When I say "The Creator," I mean it literally. I'm not pondering on a supernatural being or something impossible, I'm talking about something that did happen, for existence was created, and if it wasn't we wouldn't be here now.

I'm not going to disprove science, I don't want to get flamed or start a full scale argument on the final frontier - people come on this site to learn science, the last thing I want to do is cause problems with that. Everything you need to believe is right in front of your eyes. If you look into a mirror, or place your hands together side by side, you'll get all the proof you need.

I don't believe the universe is expanding, and I believe we exist as opposites between opposites. When I say "The Creator," I mean it literally. I'm not pondering on a supernatural being or something impossible, I'm talking about something that did happen, for existence was created, and if it wasn't we wouldn't be here now.

I'm not going to disprove science, I don't want to get flamed or start a full scale argument on the final frontier - people come on this site to learn science, the last thing I want to do is cause problems with that. Everything you need to believe is right in front of your eyes. If you look into a mirror, or place your hands together side by side, you'll get all the proof you need.

Seriously dude, you need to check out the "Book of Urantia" I think you missed your calling.....

Natural life - without the word virus + money.

Money is the root of all evil, word is used to control profits. Money also gives false power - it allows humans who wouldn't be selected by nature to survive - to survive. My way of life includes science, but a united science where humans want to advance together, with no competition. I strive for unity, not war. Communication is necissary, academa isn't. 99% of the words in the dictionary are unnessisary - we need an instinctive based language and all sciences should be based on maths/algebra.

Natural life - without the word virus + money.

Money is the root of all evil, word is used to control profits. Money also gives false power - it allows humans who wouldn't be selected by nature to survive - to survive. My way of life includes science, but a united science where humans want to advance together, with no competition. I strive for unity, not war. Communication is necissary, academa isn't. 99% of the words in the dictionary are unnessisary - we need an instinctive based language and all sciences should be based on maths/algebra.

No, it's the love of money that is the root of all evil, you can't even get your quotes right, you strive for nothing but chaos :rolleyes:

I hate chaos, I'm a very peaceful and tranquil man. Money generates chaos - it induces greed. Money isn't really there; it's just an illusion to give power to the weak men who can't attain it by other means. Money isn't Gold, it's just a piece of paper showing 'IOU' on the front.

I hate chaos, I'm a very peaceful and tranquil man.

So far you have done everything you could do verbally to prove other wise.

Money generates chaos - it induces greed.

No, as I said the love of money does that.

Money isn't really there; it's just an illusion to give power to the weak men who can't attain it by other means. Money isn't Gold, it's just a piece of paper showing 'IOU' on the front.

So Gold is not the same as money? Gold is somehow better than money? i call bull shit on this entire line of pseudo reasoning....

Money isn't Gold, it's just a piece of paper showing 'IOU' on the front.

The function of money is to provide an abstraction of value. Commodities such as gold can play this role. They are therefore functionally equivalent.