What would you change about the new SFN?

• 1 month later...

infinitesoliduk has been banned as yet another sockpuppet of a previously banned user. Moltensphereearth, too.

Instead of saying "previously banned user" I think it would be nice if the name of the first banned account by this person was showed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. We intentionally restricted their use so that other members cannot use modnotes, meaning that quoted modnotes won't work. I don't think there's a way to keep the restriction in place while allowing them to appear in quotes.

Yeah, especially if we then have to worry about edited quotes.

Well, thats to bad, but we have to live with it then because fake modnotes would not be good.

Instead of saying "previously banned user" I think it would be nice if the name of the first banned account by this person was showed.

My bad, since I've logged most of them. It's not always easy to keep them straight, because repeat offenders are usually serial repeat offenders.

edit: updated as best I could. In a reasonable fraction of instances, the sockpuppet is for the user who had just been banned.

Some people seem to feel that showing approval or disapproval through the "+" "-" facility is quite important. Perhaps there could be 3 buttons "approve","disapprove", "neutral". It could be arranged that the "reply" button would not operate unless one of the first three buttons had first been selected.

Some people seem to feel that showing approval or disapproval through the "+" "-" facility is quite important. Perhaps there could be 3 buttons "approve","disapprove", "neutral". It could be arranged that the "reply" button would not operate unless one of the first three buttons had first been selected.

What if I disagree with the poster but still thinks the question/argument was good? If voting an "approve", "disapprove" or "neutral" standpoint is demanded before I can post a reply, it is very possible that I will skip replying to a lot of posts...

Secondly, you would have gotten a negative reputation point by me for above post in such case which I don't think you deserve as person. All reputation points your posts accumulate are also reflected on you as a person and I don't value people negative because they don't agree with me.

----------

What I would like was the ability to change a vote, like if I misclick and vote on the above or below poster to what I wanted to vote, then that post/person gets an unfair vote that I can't easily undo.

• 2 months later...

It looks like you made some change to the site features today that probably isn't going to work out so well for me, just giving you a heads up. On my phone, using the IP feature has always worked, yet is too condensed to really see anything efficiently. The SFN Blue which had been working best, not sure, had a screen that was condensed into the rl margins properly until this afternoon, when it started requiring scrolling far from left to right to see the content. I'm not sure exactly what the basic SFN screen does on mobile, but it's no better.

It looks like you made some change to the site features today that probably isn't going to work out so well for me, just giving you a heads up. On my phone, using the IP feature has always worked, yet is too condensed to really see anything efficiently. The SFN Blue which had been working best, not sure, had a screen that was condensed into the rl margins properly until this afternoon, when it started requiring scrolling far from left to right to see the content. I'm not sure exactly what the basic SFN screen does on mobile, but it's no better.

What mobile device are you using? I'll check with mine later (a desire running android).

The IP skin doesn't actually work out to be the preferred layout. For some reason, my unit just started laying out the other screens differently. It's no big deal. It's just like a matter of optimization, possibly associated with an update on my end.

For some reason, it was showing me all of the topics in a single column, which was kind of convenient, but now it is displaying everything how it was intended to be shown, no big deal.

Edited by Realitycheck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I think My Content may limit itself to threads started in the last year, even if you've posted in them more recently. I don't know that I can change this easily, unfortunately.

Either that or it limits itself to searching posts made/threads started under the new software. I have a vague recollection of noticing this when we switched.

Hey here I am again.

So i learned you are getting to upgrade the Forum. That's great.

Proposal:

I would like to downlad entire threads. Would that be possible? I'd like to keep conversations on my hard disk, even maybe on hardcopy. If threads could be converted to some format like Word or PDF, that would be great. And that would be a première I think.

Argh, this thread disappeared from "My content " list. It is very annoying...