core formation

ahmeeeeeeeeeed

hello

I was reading this book

The earth , its birth and growth

but it is on google books and not complete

it talked about theories of earth's core

http://books.google.com/books?id=Bw84AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA28&dq=how+was+the+core+of+the+earth+formed+%3F&hl=en&ei=Mn89TKmIIYWd4Qa7mc3GAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEIQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=how%20was%20the%20core%20of%20the%20earth%20formed%20%3F&f=false

from page 28 to 31

and then 32 and 33 are not there

I want to know

is the idea that "the components of earths core were molten and then iron and heavy metals went to the centre and the lighter objects went above" correct or was it refused now ??

and please could you explain what is written here answering the question page 22 ?

http://books.google.com/books?id=DKJLuS2pEywC&pg=PT33&dq=how+was+the+earth%27s+core+formed+%3F&hl=en&ei=65o9TJeEK5qU4gbV97GTBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=how%20was%20the%20earth%27s%20core%20formed%20%3F&f=false

Thanks and sorry for disturbance .

• 5 weeks later...

hello

I was reading this book

The earth , its birth and growth

but it is on google books and not complete

it talked about theories of earth's core

http://books.google.com/books?id=Bw84AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA28&dq=how+was+the+core+of+the+earth+formed+%3F&hl=en&ei=Mn89TKmIIYWd4Qa7mc3GAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CEIQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=how%20was%20the%20core%20of%20the%20earth%20formed%20%3F&f=false

from page 28 to 31

and then 32 and 33 are not there

I want to know

is the idea that "the components of earths core were molten and then iron and heavy metals went to the centre and the lighter objects went above" correct or was it refused now ??

and please could you explain what is written here answering the question page 22 ?

http://books.google.com/books?id=DKJLuS2pEywC&pg=PT33&dq=how+was+the+earth%27s+core+formed+%3F&hl=en&ei=65o9TJeEK5qU4gbV97GTBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=how%20was%20the%20earth%27s%20core%20formed%20%3F&f=false

Thanks and sorry for disturbance .

I see no one has replied so I guess I shall. :]

You want to know about the Earths core formation... I would say go to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Earth this link has a very volorful descriptive image as well that should help.

also what page or maybe box is question 22 in?

Have a nice day Truth.

I apologize for the long wait for a reply.

The core of the Earth is a macroelectron as deduced from theory. This explains all of its geophysical properties quite elegantly.

Peace,

Ik@TheTheoretician

!

Moderator Note

Non-speculative science questions deserve mainstream science answers. Please confine non-mainstream answers to their own threads in the speculations forum

• 2 weeks later...

From what I remember, over 30 years ago, when the Earth was first formed it was fairly hot. It was formed by accretion of material from space. At first it was a fairly homogeneous mixture. This material started out fairly hot from changing gravitational potential energy to heat. It was also more radioactive than current day Earth, it was 4.5 billion years younger after all, This heat built up faster than it could radiate out to space and was enough to melt the iron, nickel, and some other denser materials in the Earth. This migrated to the core, releasing even more heat in the process. That was roughly the theory then, I don't think it has changed much since then.

From what I remember, over 30 years ago, when the Earth was first formed it was fairly hot. It was formed by accretion of material from space. At first it was a fairly homogeneous mixture. This material started out fairly hot from changing gravitational potential energy to heat. It was also more radioactive than current day Earth, it was 4.5 billion years younger after all, This heat built up faster than it could radiate out to space and was enough to melt the iron, nickel, and some other denser materials in the Earth. This migrated to the core, releasing even more heat in the process. That was roughly the theory then, I don't think it has changed much since then.

How does science know what the center of earth consists of? We certainly cannot drill into the center of the earth so where is all this data arrived from?

How does science know what the center of earth consists of? We certainly cannot drill into the center of the earth so where is all this data arrived from?

we use seismic waves to make pictures of the inside of the earth and to gain information about what materials are there, much like a sonogram of your body by doctors or an xray.

we use seismic waves to make pictures of the inside of the earth and to gain information about what materials are there, much like a sonogram of your body by doctors or an xray.

This is only one third of the story. It does tell us about which parts of the interior are solid and which are liquid, and what the densities are at different depths.

From this, to work out actual composition, we need to know what material the Earth was assembled from. This is taken to be meteoric, specifically chondrites.

Finally, a mix of experimental and theoretical work lets us establish the mineral phases that will form from particualr compositions at given temperature and pressures.