Hydrogen Nucleus

Dr_Freak

Thank you for your answers to the above question.

My next question is:

In the proton - proton cycle there are 2 forms of helium. Helium-3 and helium-4. Refering to the atomic structure, explain the difference between these two forms of helium.

Thank you, your help is appreciated :)

Your prompt answers are much appreciated

There was a question about 3 pieces of evidence for the Big Bang Theory

I searched Google only to find Essays of writing.

I was wondering if anybody had any information on this to help me obtain the answer.

Thanks

Dr Freak :)

The link FireDragon52 provided seems good, rather similar to what I found myself: http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

Big Bang Theory - Evidence for the Theory

What are the major evidences which support the Big Bang theory?

* First of all, we are reasonably certain that the universe had a beginning.

* Second, galaxies appear to be moving away from us at speeds proportional to their distance. This is called "Hubble's Law," named after Edwin Hubble (1889-1953) who discovered this phenomenon in 1929. This observation supports the expansion of the universe and suggests that the universe was once compacted.

* Third, if the universe was initially very, very hot as the Big Bang suggests, we should be able to find some remnant of this heat. In 1965, Radioastronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson discovered a 2.725 degree Kelvin (-454.765 degree Fahrenheit, -270.425 degree Celsius) Cosmic Microwave Background radiation (CMB) which pervades the observable universe. This is thought to be the remnant which scientists were looking for. Penzias and Wilson shared in the 1978 Nobel Prize for Physics for their discovery.

* Finally, the abundance of the "light elements" Hydrogen and Helium found in the observable universe are thought to support the Big Bang model of origins.

-Gravitational effect(obviously)

-Lensing effect(it bends space such that light paths are curved.)

-Hawking radiation(still largely theoretical)

-Polar 'jets'(most likely caused by uncoiling of magnetic fields)

-Galactic formation(act as the seed around which galaxies grow)

Thank you Thales for your prompt reply.

My Last question that I was interested in is

"In the proton - proton cycle there are 2 forms of helium. Helium-3 and helium-4. Refering to the atomic structure, What is the difference between these two forms of helium???"

Thank you online helpers

Helium 3 has 3 nucleons (two protons and one neutron)

Helium 4 has 4 nucleons (two protons and two neutrons)

An element is defined by the number of protons. When there is a proton/neutron imbalance it is usually refered to as an isotope of that element.

Helium 3 has 3 nucleons (two protons and one neutron)

Helium 4 has 4 nucleons (two protons and two neutrons)

An element is defined by the number of protons. When there is a proton/neutron imbalance it is usually refered to as an isotope of that element.

Isotopes are elements with a differing number of neutrons. No "imbalance" necessary. Most stable isotopes with Z>20 have more neutrons than protons. Nuclei with Z=N are isotopes, too.