God's Talents displayed, or Natural wonders?

rigney

WOW!

i was gonna say before i saw the video that it's merely a choice, you see what you want to see..but man, now that i've seen it, there's just no way "nature" could've done that.

i think because the "billion of billion of years" trick isn't exactly applicable here to erase the awe at such beauty..

you see, human abilities are more advanced than what we saw, and so are many other animals' abilities, but those were always there, we don't remember when did we acquire them, so it's easy for some people to come and say those amazing abilities came from nothing actually, and cover it up by "billions and billions of years" to answer the bafflement at their claims' illogic.

but here, we saw it in the making, an aquarium with dolphins who never knew that complex beautiful trick, then one learns of it, the others catch on, now they're all doing it.. and in as short as a human's lifespan to notice it.. no billions of billions of years, no natural selection for the fittest to reproduce, not much evolution..just some smart animals doing a smart trick because they can do it, similar to when one of our children learns to walk on his hands, then the rest of the kids in the block follow suite, but animals... just that. no biology, no science. no seriousness and race survival..just playtime..

there's just no way "nature" could've done that.

Why, exactly, is that?

i think because the "billion of billion of years" trick isn't exactly applicable here

No one said it was applicable. I don't even know why you brought it up.

to erase the awe at such beauty..
Beauty does not depend upon ignorance. In fact, there are many things I don't think you can fully appreciate until you know how they work. For example, one cannot fully appreciate the universe as a whole without an idea of how mind-numbingly huge it is.

you see, human abilities are more advanced than what we saw, and so are many other animals' abilities, but those were always there, we don't remember when did we acquire them, so it's easy for some people to come and say those amazing abilities came from nothing actually, and cover it up by "billions and billions of years" to answer the bafflement at their claims' illogic.

Wow, a strawman AND a conspiracy theory. NICE!

but here, we saw it in the making, an aquarium with dolphins who never knew that complex beautiful trick, then one learns of it, the others catch on, now they're all doing it.. and in as short as a human's lifespan to notice it.. no billions of billions of years, no natural selection for the fittest to reproduce, not much evolution..just some smart animals doing a smart trick because they can do it, similar to when one of our children learns to walk on his hands, then the rest of the kids in the block follow suite, but animals... just that. no biology, no science. no seriousness and race survival..just playtime..

Dolphins are mammals with neocortexes. They can learn complex behaviours. In fact, dolphins are rather intelligent. There's nothing inexplicable here.

Why, exactly, is that?

it's very simple imho yoda;

it's hard to imagine that something beautiful or complex to come from nothing, it's simple laymen logic.

however, some say that with very long periods of time, those more than a million time our lifetime, time durations hard to even comprehend or measure with our felt time scale, small changes can build on each other, slowly and slowly till they make up the fabulous awesome thing.

however, as the dolphin keepers said, the dolphins didn't know the trick at first, and picked it up in a matter of few years if not less.

that is different from how nature is said to do it's work, slowly and continuously.

don't you agree?

No one said it was applicable. I don't even know why you brought it up.

i think i've explained this.

Beauty does not depend upon ignorance. In fact, there are many things I don't think you can fully appreciate until you know how they work. For example, one cannot fully appreciate the universe as a whole without an idea of how mind-numbingly huge it is.

:unsure:

you might wanna rethink this.

Wow, a strawman AND a conspiracy theory. NICE!

it's just a view from a different angle, a possible one to say the least. :)

Dolphins are mammals with neocortexes. They can learn complex behaviours. In fact, dolphins are rather intelligent. There's nothing inexplicable here.

next thing we know dolphins will speak to us and tell us god exists and we'll just say that they're intelligent enough for our neuroscientific theories to apply to them, and that their neocortex has been hijacked too! :o

but seriously, i understand that dolphins are smart, but this here is a stretch, that's why in my first sentence in this thread i said it's a choice, whether to stretch it and say it's normal or behold the scene with awe is up to the person's "beliefs", religious they were or anti religious.

Either this sentence was not very well thought out, or there is some misconception what biology is...

thanks for the benefit of the doubt :D

what i meant is that the complexity of that action doesn't have much biological description to it.. that's all.

i'm not saying that there's no place for playing as a behavior in biology, just that considering this special "playing" behavior's complexity, it's not given the proper or adequate amount of..."answers"[?]

that is different from how nature is said to do it's work, slowly and continuously.

That is wrong. Evolution is slow, but why would you think that the rest would be, too?

How are you able to catch a ball if your brain does not quick estimations where it is going to land? Likewise organisms with a sufficiently sophisticated brain easily show signs of creativity. Playing is a trait found in all mammals, for instance. This is biology, pure and simple.

Incredulity is a poor argument.

What else would it be?

Moonman, where do "we" find balance on this scale?

In my opinion the bubble rings, as well as virtually all phenomena, are an act if nature. It is my view that it is simply nature acting in accordance to the way God made it.

Touche!

Edited by rigney

see now you're just replacing "god did it" with "science did it" :rolleyes:

if a dolphin sheds its skin and spreads tentacles and shoots laser beams from its eyes then "what else could it be other than biology?" :blink:

bravo buddy..bravo.. :mellow:

see now you're just replacing "god did it" with "science did it" :rolleyes:

if a dolphin sheds its skin and spreads tentacles and shoots laser beams from its eyes then "what else could it be other than biology?" :blink:

bravo buddy..bravo.. :mellow:

No one who even has a clue as to what science is would never say god did it is the same as saying science did it, science did not "do" anything. Science studies the evidence for it, and so far God has zip, NADA, none.... Of course that doesn't prove there is no God, there is just no evidence for god, so science just ignores the idea that god did it and looks for how it works and what makes it work.... Who knows maybe there will be evidence, science doesn't rule that out but so far no evidence so there is no reason to assume God in any situation....

No one who even has a clue as to what science is would never say god did it is the same as saying science did it, science did not "do" anything. Science studies the evidence for it, and so far God has zip, NADA, none.... Of course that doesn't prove there is no God, there is just no evidence for god, so science just ignores the idea that god did it and looks for how it works and what makes it work.... Who knows maybe there will be evidence, science doesn't rule that out but so far no evidence so there is no reason to assume God in any situation....

Right, wrong or indifferent, a smart man never burns a bridge that might be his only path of escape. As an agnostic, I can't grasp the facts well enough to make a finite decision. I wish, with what little intellect I possess, such a decision might never become relevant. So, at the moment, I ain't about to give up any options.

Edited by rigney