What to do about relentless hackers

Realitycheck

All they do is try to make me mad, deleting posts before they even get read so my 200 or so high school friends from facebook miss out on something I say, censoring me in a sense, because I brought up the Big Bang or because I try to elaborate on something I did not communicate well previously. Why, I have no idea. Who, is as much a mystery. I have progressively upgraded my security from my worthless, naked smartphone to my desktop with Linux to more and more complex passwords and it just seems like whomever is able to access whatever they want whenever they want. They just play around with my internet trying to piss me off and drive me crazy.

Because of it, I wasn't able to obtain the only meaningful job that I could have possibly gotten. He is obviously conservative, but his motives are not clear.

And I think I goaded him into calling me just now, but of course he hid behind the telephone line.

Edited by agentchange

You'll have to describe what they're doing in more detail. Accessing your online accounts? Accessing your computer? What?

I'd also suggest checking your security questions -- the ones that some sites ask you when you've forgotten your passwords. Also, don't use unencrypted Wi-Fi.

Maybe you have a problem with your computers security, If they are continuously hacking you then maybe someone has put some sort of softwear on your computer? I think maybe you should get a whole new maching. Start a new, especialy if it has costed you a job..

I was using firestarter and i think i was having good results with that, then i changed to ufw, uncomplicated firewall, and that may be part of the problem. of course, if they were going to circumvent any firewall on linux, that would probably entail a pretty good amount of skill. there are no password questions involved. if i forget my password, then they send a new one and we go from there. this last time, i used a password that they assigned to me, so possibly they accessed my email address from there. Since I changed all of my passwords recently, I don't know. Makes no sense.

More detail please. Are they accessing your accounts? What kind of accounts? Bank info?

ufw and firestarter are both layers on top of iptables, iirc, so as long as you use similar rules, there's no differences there.

What Linux distro are you using anyway? I know Ubuntu has a no-open-ports-by-default policy as it is, so a firewall is basically unnecessary.

Are you using an unencrypted wireless network anywhere?

In the past, I did use my phone to access it, but not anymore. I stopped doing that a few weeks ago. They haven't really done anything else that I know of except that tonight my phone has not slept at all, the backlight has never shutdown. And they've started calling and hanging up on me from an unlisted number.