A Perfect Ten

rigney

I can't believe you did this. No offence to you but this is the exact preachy feely stuff I want to stay well away from. I'd rather be alone with my thoughts thank you.

jimmy

If it opened any old wounds, I apologize for your discomfort. But I specifically made the request not to be nasty if it didn't fit your psyche. There may be folks in the forum who enjoyed it, but are afraid to speak on its behalf because of the ridicule to follow from such a statement. And Alan Jackson? That "Dude" is big enough that I wouldn't wanna be overly offensive to any song he decided to sing.

Peachy feely? Never once thought about it that way, but I'll keep it in mind.

Edited by rigney

what if i believe in god but don't like america bullying others?

I'd have to say that since I can't, nor do I wish to get into your head, it's a moot point. Each of us are opinionated. Has my country done things I disagree with on a personal level? Yes. But a bully, not in any respect. We have fought in many wars to help others free themselve from different forms of tyranny and totalitarianism. Am I in discord with my government in any sense, no. Since I don't know your origin or heritage, I hope it isn't something that you can't reconcile in your own mind. One thing's for sure, America has never conquered another power for annexation or to supress that countries people. America probably donates more to world charities than all other countries combined. Up until the present time, we could afford it. As of now, I don't know?

Edited by rigney

America probably donates more to world charities than all other countries combined. Up until the present time, we could afford it. As of now, I don't know?

Seriously rigney, I've heard this argument all my life, we give till it hurts, we can't afford it any more, no one else will do it but we do, no one sacrafices like we do. it's not a new concept and it's just as easily answered now as it always has been, Can we afford not to? Can we afford to ignore the rest of the world? Can we afford to allow the rest of the world to fall into chaos? Only if we want to fight the whole world and even we cannot afford to do that...

America probably donates more to world charities than all other countries combined.

Nope. Not even close. The only way we're even anywhere near the lead is by raw cash. When we adjust the number for population or GDP, it becomes apparent how pathetic US's giving is. For example:

haiti_550_2.gif

Seriously rigney, I've heard this argument all my life, we give till it hurts, we can't afford it any more, no one else will do it but we do, no one sacrafices like we do. it's not a new concept and it's just as easily answered now as it always has been, Can we afford not to? Can we afford to ignore the rest of the world? Can we afford to allow the rest of the world to fall into chaos? Only if we want to fight the whole world and even we cannot afford to do that...

Moon, my only argument with that is, with roughly 65% of Americans on some sort of relief at this very moment, who the hell is doing all of this giving? If that supply runs out, we're gonna be in trouble, "world wolf" at our door, or not...

Moon, my only argument with that is, with roughly 65% of Americans on some sort of relief at this very moment, who the hell is doing all of this giving? If that supply runs out, we're gonna be in trouble, "world wolf" at our door, or not...

65%? Do you have any back up on that? 65% seems to be a very high figure.

Ydaops, Sorry about my ignorance in not knowing the amount of contributions other nations have contributed to the aid of these unfortunate countries. Each is to be commended. I know the money to accomplish these restoration programs have been hard on these donor nations also. My only problem is, I find it rather capricious that everyone seems to have an easy time in bashing hell out of America regardless of their donations.

Make me another graph if you will, showing the blood that our young people have shed in the defense of each of those countries you have listed, even as we speak.

Don't get me wrong, soldiers from many of these countries have fought side by side with our troops, and for the same causes. Many of these young nationals have also lost their lives. But, other than our American Revolution when France aided us in throwing off the yoke of tyranny at Englands expense, no soldier of an allied nation has ever been asked to die on American soil in defense of our country. Let me ask again, graph that out for me if you will, as to price and cost. In all honesty, and hoping not to have sounded overly offensive, but at 78, I'm still extremely proud of this country and even more so, to be an American. Thanks!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I was also adding in the illegals and those yet to come.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I was adding in the illegals and those yet to come.

Edited by rigney
Consecutive posts merged.

Ydaops, Sorry about my ignorance in not knowing the amount of contributions other nations have contributed to the aid of these unfortunate countries. Each is to be commended. I know the money to accomplish these restoration programs have been hard on these donor nations also. My only problem is, I find it rather capricious that everyone seems to have an easy time in bashing hell out of America regardless of their donations.

Make me another graph if you will, showing the blood that our young people have shed in the defense of each of those countries you have listed, even as we speak.

Don't get me wrong, soldiers from many of these countries have fought side by side with our troops, and for the same causes. Many of these young nationals have also lost their lives. But, other than our American Revolution when France aided us in throwing off the yoke of tyranny at Englands expense, no soldier of an allied nation has ever been asked to die on American soil in defense of our country. Let me ask again, graph that out for me if you will, as to price and cost. In all honesty, and hoping not to have sounded overly offensive, but at 78, I'm still extremely proud of this country and even more so, to be an American. Thanks!

No one is trying to bash America rigney, the truth is the truth, I see no reason to try and slant the truth to make America look better than it is either. I love my country but I have open eyes to it's flaws as well as it's solid good points.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I was also adding in the illegals and those yet to come.

Now that's not the way it works and you should know that...