What's wrong with me?

Anura

If you're in Windows you can mute individual sound sources.

Right click the little speaker on the task bar, open volume control, then

options/properties. make sure the 'playback check box is checked,

then mute either 'wave synth or wave, or MP3 and or midi.

sites generally have either a wav file, an Mp3 file or a midi sequence as their background music.

Don't forget to unmute them if yu want to listen to wave, MP3 or MIDI.

If you're in Windows you can mute individual sound sources.

Right click the little speaker on the task bar, open volume control, then

options/properties. make sure the 'playback check box is checked,

then mute either 'wave synth or wave, or MP3 and or midi.

sites generally have either a wav file, an Mp3 file or a midi sequence as their background music.

Don't forget to unmute them if yu want to listen to wave, MP3 or MIDI.

Will I be able to listen to my music thats on my computer while the web site is muted?

• 8 months later...

Will I be able to listen to my music thats on my computer while the web site is muted?

Try this:

Go to your system tray, and double click on the volume icon (it probably looks like a loudspeaker).

If you can't double click, then right click and select the "Open Volume Control" item from the menu.

The popup will show the master volume that controls all the sounds, but there's also controls for things like: Wave, SW Synth, CD/Video in, Line in, and maybe others.

Play around with the volume controls, and you might find that the CD music and the websites come through different channels and that you can turn off the website sounds.

• 5 months later...

If you mean by "mute a website", that you don't receive sound\video\flash\.. from one website\webpage, there is a good choice in Firefox browser

where you can find add-ons that blocks all flash\Java blocks until you allow one block to process ...