Why are you voting for Kerry?

blike

her silly.
Then push her down a hill. Women swim too well. It's a buoyancy issue. :D

Is your dad in the oil business in OK, by any chance? It doesn't matter, really. For any opinion you hear, you must realize it is not shared universally. It is important to listen to as many different views as possible before making up your mind on anything. One person can make his or her position sound very logical. But so can the other side. You owe it to yourself to hear all sides. You live in a country that has freedom of speech. Take advantage.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was saying that his dad agreed with you point of view, although I can't be sure.

anyway,

Kerry wants to higher high income taxes, which will further destroy the economy, not to mention that he'll be the UN's lacky. Bush will keep low taxes to rebuild the economy and is spreading freedom into the middle east.

hmmmmmmm, hard choice.

I think he was saying that his dad agreed with you point of view, although I can't be sure.
Michelle's dad "agreed with that too", meaning her friend's statement.

Kerry wants to higher high income taxes, which will further destroy the economy,
Further destroy the economy, good choice of words, higher high income taxes, bad choice of words. Do you still believe in the insanity of trickle-down economics?
not to mention that he'll be the UN's lacky.
If you mean' date=' he'll keep our membership open and won't try to invade sovereign nations based on sketchy evidence to further his own agenda, then yes, he probably will. I for one am interested in getting back on a better footing with my fellow humans around the globe. Aren't you?
Bush will keep low taxes to rebuild the economy and is spreading freedom into the middle east.
My taxes were fine under Clinton, especially when the market offsets were working in my favor. Having a robust economy is worth a little more in taxes. Bush wouldn't have to rebuild the economy if he hadn't destroyed it (your words) in the first place. And whose freedom is he spreading? His? Yours? We have no business spreading our brand of anything to cultures that aren't interested in it. Do you think everybody in the Middle East dreams of living like an American? You are naive and nationalistic if you do.
hmmmmmmm, hard choice.
Apparently it is for you. I feel sorry for those people around the world who will be destroyed by your point of view.

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

If those are things you want and agree with' date=' then go ahead and vote for Johns. Cause they are full of so much shit, you need 2 to flush.[/quote']Oh, you sound SO informed! I just love the "in a nutshell, from a nutcase" approach.

Now that AWB has been repealed, why aren't you out shooting up road signs? Isn't that the top thing YOU wanted? Besides war and a return to the Dark Ages, I mean.

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

If those are things you want and agree with' date=' then go ahead and vote for Johns. Cause they are full of so much shit, you need 2 to flush.[/quote']

Quite frankly, I'm offended. Whilst I don't even reside in your country, I do vote for the left because I don't want to make life easy for the big boys at the top of the corporations by giving them tax breaks. Bush has so many connections it's untrue - doubtless when he comes out of presidency he'll have a few payoffs from more than a few people.

It's blatently obvious that some people here are either real far-right or just keep repeating the same things over and over again in the hope that people like Phi or myself will shut up about it and let them win. How in any way, shape or form does insulting other members of this board help to better the stance that you've taken?

Apart from making you look like a complete fool, that is.

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

If those are things you want and agree with' date=' then go ahead and vote for Johns. Cause they are full of so much shit, you need 2 to flush.[/quote']

Hang on , are you saying you are against all of those?

ANother point. Kerry has time and time has stressed that he only wants to raise the taxes for the RICH people. i..e those who earn more than 200 grand. and cut the taxes for the rest. that in my opinion is a better policy than bushes.

I am pro-choice. so i dont see anything wrong with abortion. Bush will never be able to ban Abortion. NEVER.

and I dont know what Americans see in GUns. but never mind that. theres another thread on guns.

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

Top things Repubs want:

Government to detain anyone at anytime for as long as wanted

Rich people get a real break, middle class? - scare them with terrorism

Run up a deficit, spend like crazy - pay for it after Bush

Make the US a Christian theocracy

Dems: Tax & Spend

Rep: Lower Tax & Spend

The problem is spending! Repubs keep preaching lower spending smaller government, but they are increasing the size of the government and spending like crazy. The middle class is shrinking and would shrink more if both parents weren't scrambling to make a buck.

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

what the bloody hell? if you are voting ONLY for social issues, i have bordering no respect for you at all. SOCIAL ISSUES ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT TO THIS ELECTION AS THE REPUBLICANS MAY PRETEND THEY ARE.

the supreme court made its ruling on abortion 15 years ago! thus, it doesn't matter if you support or oppose abortion.

as for gay rights, that is waaay back on the list of priorities. every citizen will be granted justice, however, and there is nothing the neo-conservatives can do about it. sorry, but you lose. throughout history, progressive movements have always triumphed over conservative oppression.

guns is not an issue of importance. however, the left opposes having fool rednecks walking around with ak-47s and uzis waving confederate flags and attempting to cecede from the union. we also kill 13,500+ people per year with gun violence in our great nation. meanwhile, everybody in canada has a gun or three and they kill around 65 of their own through gun violence anually. personally, I do not want people to be able to hold off hundreds of police with 2-3 insanely powerful weapons. if one says they wish to defend their house, they can stick their gun barrel places. that's simply STUPID. if people defend themselves with uzis, people also attack them with uzis and actually knock their houses down and kill 15-20 random innocents rather than leaving a bullet hole or 5 in the wall.

as for taxes, sorry, but thanks to bush, we're broke. we have record defecits and the world bank hates us with a passion. yes, they may at any time just decide not to lend us money, and then we're screwed. bush got us into this, kerry will get us out. bush has lower taxes than kerry will, but hey, at least you will know that your tax money isn't going to the vice president's pocket, the road outside your house will actually be well kept, and you won't lose all your money to a few millionaires

economics is a more important issue. our economy is worse now than the depression! yes, during bush's tyrrany, we had record defecits and the stock market fell farther than anytime before (yes, more so than the great depression).

foreign policy is a more important issue. as of now, the world hates us because we frankly couldn't care less about them. that is not how you make friends, you know. wave your "rebel" flags all you want. when you get blown up, you won't have the time to cut the ignorance. if we get all isolationist we will fall behind the world. that's no good. we can't just ignore north korea. we must have a plan for iraq. we must deal with saudi arabia. we must make sure that afghanistan works. we must apologize to europe and the united nations.

ANother point. Kerry has time and time has stressed that he only wants to raise the taxes for the RICH people. i..e those who earn more than 200 grand. and cut the taxes for the rest. that in my opinion is a better policy than bushes.

He's not going to lower taxes for the rest of us' date=' just raise taxes for high income, which will make them spend less money, and make less money for the rest of us, I guess if that's what you want...

Top things Dems want:

Gay Rights

Ban Guns

Raise Taxes

Abortion

If those are things you want and agree with, then go ahead and vote for Johns. Cause they are full of so much shit, you need 2 to flush.

Kerry is against gay marriage.

what the bloody hell? if you are voting ONLY for social issues, i have bordering no respect for you at all. SOCIAL ISSUES ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT TO THIS ELECTION AS THE REPUBLICANS MAY PRETEND THEY ARE.
Is it not true that you elect the president that best reflexs how you would want things to be?

foreign policy is a more important issue.
Foreign policy should be decided by the people who know whats going on, instead of less than inteligent teenagers.

He's not going to lower taxes for the rest of us, just raise taxes for high income, which will make them spend less money, and make less money for the rest of us, I guess if that's what you want.

the amount that the rich spend is irrelevant to their taxes

Is it not true that you elect the president that best reflexs how you would want things to be?

i'd like to have the perfect president, but it's not going to happen. as a result i compromise. personally, i believe that the social issues we have been discussing are less important than the economy and foreign affairs.

Foreign policy should be decided by the people who know whats going on, instead of less than inteligent teenagers.

don't be a dumbass. bush is a twit. i could do better with foreign policy than he has. in fact, a tic tac could (refer to maddox's post).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/10/bush.guard.ap/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132200,00.html

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/election2004/story/F294B2515CE2378386256F0C001F9831?OpenDocument&Headline=Retired+general+who+helped+CBS+now+says+Bush+memos+look+fake

http://www.useless-knowledge.com/articles/apr/sept145.html (that's a bit biased, but true)

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=9658

Apparently those memos are not monospaced like typewriters do (in typewriters there's an equal space between all letters, but computers move ls together, as in ll, but others stay farther apart.) and so they are saying that the memos are fake. Then the DNC decides to put their whole campaign on it.

edit: Finding more links, please wait.

honestly, if jerry seinfeld wants a ferrari, or a 40 million dollar boat...he is going to buy it...taxes to him are inconsequential. and the funny thing is, there are SO many people more wealthy than him...oprah does good things with her money, but still, handing out 100 grand would be no problem for me if i was a multi billionare. more of that money has to be put back into the system. with tax money, the government funds state budgets, and states enlist workers for all professions, teachers, contractors..etc...

honestly, its not like UBER rich people actually pay taxes anyway. its just the opposite...the government is actually paying THEM back. so, in reality, WE are paying for THEIR lower tax rate, that THEY dont need because most of them are making a ton of money from the government...its called government bonds...they buy 5 million dollar bonds...then they get 5.5 million back...thats 500,000 dollars that the government pays back over say, 5 years. thats 100,000 dollars a year, to someone who does not need the money, to someone who is just playing the system...but, here's the kicker, the great thing about government bonds is, THEY ARE WRITEOFFS. so if i donate 5 million dollars of mine to the government, i cannot be taxed on that money. and for super rich people, 5 million dollars is chump change. so in reality, a lot of middle-lower income families tax dollars dont go to fund their childs education, or their public transportation, or their schools, its going directly into the pockets of the elite rich people...the people who need it least...so when these people go and donate a couple hundred grand to a charity...wow, they look good, but they just got that money for free...i vote not to give the rich more money...

He's not going to lower taxes for the rest of us, just raise taxes for high income, which will make them spend less money, and make less money for the rest of us, I guess if that's what you want...
Good reading for those of you who think supply-side economics and tax cuts for the rich are a good thing:

http://www.wpi.edu/News/TechNews/010410/taxcut.shtml

http://www.counterpunch.org/freeman05302003.html