User Awards 2010

ydoaPs

It looks like Klaynos forgot again, so I'll just leave this here. :P

They're the same basic format as the last four years (just a little later again!), with nominations (this thread) for all the awards and then threads for the final votes.

Please read the below carefully, and re-read your post before posting it.

In this thread, you are allowed to nominate one member for each of the following six categories:

1. Most Helpful Member: who gives the best answers in the nicest way?
  2. Most Knowledgeable Member: who displays the most consistent knowledge in any (or many) fields?
  3. Most Interesting Member: who's posts are a must read for their diverse content?
  4. Best Debater: the member who you think uses the best debating techniques on the forums.
  5. Most Enjoyable Member: this is a fun category; who makes you laugh the most?
  6. Most Improved Member: who has improved their quality of posts the most in the past twelve months?

The Rules

• You are allowed to nominate one, and only one person for each category. Your last post on this thread will be counted as your nominations; any previous posts will be deleted. Even so, please try and get it right the first time.
  • Please do not nominate any members of staff or resident experts. If you do so, then these will be deleted. This is all about you guys in the community. Here is the Staff List - To clarify, this is Administrators, Super Moderators, and Resident Experts.
  • Please, reply to this post with the following format:
    1. Member name
    2. Member name
    3. Member name
    4. Member name
    5. Member name
    6. Member name
    Each member name corresponds to the appropriate category. Be careful not to mix them up, because we won't know and don't have the time to check! If you don't know how to format your post like this, then look at the BBCode Guide before you post.

• Any posts not of this form will be deleted. The mods will hopefully show no mercy on this point, since I have to go through all of these posts at the end of the day.
  • You are allowed to nominate one person for up to two different categories.
  • You are not allowed to nominate yourself.
  • If, for whatever reason, you do not wish to nominate somebody for a particular category, then please leave that name blank. However, you must submit a nomination for at least one category.
  • This thread will remain open until the 2nd July 2010. After that, no more nominations will be accepted.
  • Nominations must have made at least 5 posts in the time since the last nominations closed.

Edited by Cap'n Refsmmat

I'll start off shall I?

1. Most Helpful Member: who gives the best answers in the nicest way? padren
  2. Most Knowledgeable Member: who displays the most consistent knowledge in any (or many) fields? Genecks
  3. Most Interesting Member: who's posts are a must read for their diverse content? i-Now by a country mile
  4. Best Debater: the member who you think uses the best debating techniques on the forums. Moontanman
  5. Most Enjoyable Member: this is a fun category; who makes you laugh the most? rigney
  6. Most Improved Member: who has improved their quality of posts the most in the past twelve months?
    YdoaPs

[

1. Most Helpful Member: who gives the best answers in the nicest way?
  2. Most Knowledgeable Member: who displays the most consistent knowledge in any (or many) fields?
  3. Most Interesting Member: who's posts are a must read for their diverse content?
  4. Best Debater: the member who you think uses the best debating techniques on the forums.
  5. Most Enjoyable Member: this is a fun category; who makes you laugh the most?oshmunnies

]

1. Most Helpful Member: Mr. Skeptic

2. Most Knowledgeable Member: UC

3. Most Interesting Member: yodaPop5

4. Best Debater: Bascule

5. Most Enjoyable Member: forufes

6. Most Improved Member: Insane Alien(quite knowledgeable as well)

I have to change Mr. Skeptic I didn't notice his mod status... was that new??? At any rate most helpful I will say The Tree he always gives little math tid bitties to the kiddies. If it's not too late that is!

sorry 'boot that....

1. Most Helpful Member: The Tree

2. Most Knowledgeable Member: UC

3. Most Interesting Member: yodaPop5

4. Best Debater: Bascule

5. Most Enjoyable Member: forufes

6. Most Improved Member: Insane Alien(quite knowledgeable as well)

-ripped off jimmy's well formatted post-

1. Most Helpful Member: who gives the best answers in the nicest way? insane alien(but replace "nicest" with "shortest + rudest" in the criteria)
  2. Most Knowledgeable Member: who displays the most consistent knowledge in any (or many) fields? insane alien:mad:
  3. Most Interesting Member: who's posts are a must read for their diverse content? tar
  4. Best Debater: the member who you think uses the best debating techniques on the forums. the guy with the monitor for an avatar
  5. Most Enjoyable Member: this is a fun category; who makes you laugh the most? buttacup
    i-now(he's acting less like he owns the place:D)

Edited by forufes
actually...

some thoughts;

-many of the users who really deserve the user awards.. i couldn't remember because they don't have avatars..as a matter of fact, thats usually a sign of one's seriousness in coming here(or that they're too dumb to post an avatar..) that they don't really much care for being remembered as the people behind the words..for their words to get all the light.. which is truly the most beneficial for a discussion forum with the goal of knowledge sharing.

-were the mods and experts excluded so they don't take all the positions or so they could keep thinking they would take all the places if they allowed in?:P

-why did only few people participate here?

s

-were the mods and experts excluded so they don't take all the positions or so they could keep thinking they would take all the places if they allowed in?:P

Both. It's the same reason I've voluntarily taken myself out of the running for the Teen Choice Awards.

-many of the users who really deserve the user awards.. i couldn't remember because they don't have avatars..as a matter of fact, thats usually a sign of one's seriousness in coming here(or that they're too dumb to post an avatar..) that they don't really much care for being remembered as the people behind the words..for their words to get all the light.. which is truly the most beneficial for a discussion forum with the goal of knowledge sharing.

There's a reason I moved avatars over to the right and made usernames big and immediately above post content. You're supposed to associate people with usernames.

Apparently it hasn't been working...