colours and moods

toolman

I think it has something to do with warm versus cool colours. Something about how fast the light waves of each colour works. Blue waves move slower and therefore make people calmer. Whereas colours like yellow or orange make people feel more hurried or excitable. I heard of an experiment where a prison was painted red or pink, some colour like that. And at first made people calmer, but then the violence within the prison increased. So I would assume that pschologicaly people tend to respond to cooler colours with calmer emotions, and warm colours with more excited emotions.

colors also have physiological effects, and are used quite regularly in Hospitals, especialy to treat liver problems like Jaundice in prematurly born infants.

it`s hardly any wonder that they could also effect our moods too :)

I think it has something to do with warm versus cool colours. Something about how fast the light waves of each colour works. Blue waves move slower and therefore make people calmer. Whereas colours like yellow or orange make people feel more hurried or excitable. I heard of an experiment where a prison was painted red or pink, some colour like that. And at first made people calmer, but then the violence within the prison increased. So I would assume that pschologicaly people tend to respond to cooler colours with calmer emotions, and warm colours with more excited emotions.

can our brain identify the difference of wave velocities of colors and behave accordingly?

If this forum is in red colour, I leave it. LOL

why? my favourite colour is the colour red, its the first colour the eye sees because [in air] red light travels faster than any other visible light. (remember the EM spectrum only travels at C in a vacum.)